Per Diem Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) (Home Visits in Queens, NY)
Nice to meet you, we’re Vesta Healthcare.
Vesta Healthcare is a specialized medical group focused today on aging adults with long-term home care needs. We help these individuals live happier, healthier lives by partnering with their aides and caregivers, as a key part of the care team. We use a combination of virtual care, home-based and mobile technologies, data integrations and partnerships with home care agencies to make the home an integrated setting of care with patients, and their Caregivers at the center.
Vesta is the Roman name for the goddess of home, hearth and family. She is the caregiver. Often unseen yet greatly revered, she puts others' needs ahead of her own, keeping the hearth warm so the home and family can function.
We see Caregivers and recognize the power and potential they embody. More than just assistance, Caregivers are eyes, ears and hands in the home. Caregivers play the role of Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist, EMT and more, but without support or guidance. That is where Vesta comes in. Our program provides Caregivers with a personalized clinical team in their pocket. Our team links Caregivers to the people they care for and the other providers involved in their care. It’s an insurance covered benefit, so it’s available to most adults with Caregivers free of charge to them.
We seek team members who are passionate about making home the best place it can be for people with home care needs and see the important role Caregivers play. Our team members are collaborative data-driven optimists who always focus on doing what’s best for patients and their caregivers. We see ourselves as being here to improve the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients, allowing them to focus on the important things (like going to the mall with their grandkids).
The ideal teammate would be...
An Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) who delivers in-home clinical services to patients with the support of an integrated multidisciplinary care team. Our Advanced Practice Providers build meaningful relationships with patients and their caregivers, supporting them to provide care aligned with what matters most to our patients and to champion patient-centered strategies that guide our care teams.
This is an ideal position for a clinician who seeks an opportunity for “top of license” practice, enjoys a collaborative team-based approach to care, and is excited to engage in developing and nurturing our innovative, value-based clinical model focused on caring for patients with complex needs who are inadequately served by traditional healthcare delivery systems.
This exciting role allows you to deliver clinical care flexibly through a blend of in-person care delivery at your patient’s home and virtual care delivery from your own home, with the support of nurses, community health workers, medical assistants, nurse case managers, clinical social workers, and clinical pharmacists. This position also affords professional development via dedicated clinical education programming and real-time support from our on-staff world-class experts in geriatric medicine, palliative care, geriatric psychiatry, clinical pharmacy, care management, and social determinants of health and health equity.
*This position is 2 (10 hour days) or 3 (8 hour days) and is located in Queens (home visits)*
The ideal teammate would be able to:
- Provide compassionate, individualized, and holistic patient care including comprehensive care, urgent care, and chronic condition management that aligns with a value-based care delivery model, reflects appropriate patient risk stratification, and integrates with multidisciplinary team services
- Collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to cooperatively deliver transitions of care support, social determinants of health interventions, behavioral health evaluation and management, and complex medication management as clinically appropriate
- Deliver exceptional clinical care both in-person and virtually, with in-person settings including private home, congregate living facility, ambulatory clinic, and/or skilled nursing facility
- Integrate clinical practices, data dashboards, and operational processes that support achievement of company performance goals into daily clinical approach and workflows
- Promote and participate in patient engagement and experience initiatives and efforts.
- Maintain comprehensive medical records including timely and accurate completion of clinical documentation and coding for clinical encounters, up-to-date medication reconciliation, and recording of patient care-related activities and communications
- Participate in care team huddles, operational huddles, organizational meetings, and clinical partnership meetings as requested including preparation and follow-up activities. Collaborate and engage with internal care team members as well as external providers and clinical partners to support care coordination including goals of care
- Adhere to medical policies, protocols, criteria, and clinical guidelines to ensure best practices are maintained for clinically effective and efficient care delivery
- Adhere to compliance policies, procedures, and standards of conduct including all applicable laws and regulations
- Support growth/engagement ambassador in initiating, developing, and sustaining relationships with patients, caregivers, congregate living facility staff, and clinical partners
- Participate in after-hours on-call schedule and other clinical care cross-coverage as requested
Would you describe yourself as someone who has:
- Active New York Licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license with graduation from an accredited health professions school and successful completion of national board certification (required)
- Active DEA licensure and state-specific controlled substance registration, as applicable. (required)
- Certification in basic life support (BLS) (required)
- Clinical experience caring for aging adults with complex care needs (required)
- Clinical experience caring for patients in the home setting including private homes and/or congregate living facilities (preferred)
- Previous experience with managed care and/or value-based healthcare delivery (preferred)
- Ability and means to travel as needed in a timely manner to locations that may have limited access to public transportation; proof of liability and property damage insurance on the vehicle (required)
- The following driving requirements: Licensed for a minimum of 3 years; No undisclosed violations and/or accidents within 3 years; No vehicle-related suspensions/reinstatements; No DUI, reckless driving, or felony conviction within the last 7 years.
- Comfort and confidence being in a dynamic and always evolving startup environment
Pay range is $65 - $75 hourly plus travel reimbursement. (The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level).
If yes, then we look forward to speaking to you!
Vesta Healthcare is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. Vesta Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
At Vesta, we are constantly searching for the most dynamic and best talent to join our team with a mission of empowering caregivers in the home! If you are ever contacted by e-mail from any domain other than https://vestahealthcare.com, please do not respond, as there is a likelihood it could be a scam as it is not a legitimate Vesta email. You might see things from a similar domain address, but with a slight misspelling, for example. We have no responsibility for any communication that does not come from the https://vestahealthcare.com domain, and we strongly advise that you not provide information or respond if not from the legitimate Vesta domain. If you have any concerns that outreach might not be legitimate, please reach out to email@example.com for confirmation.