Office Manager (Independent Contractor)
Verana Health, a digital health company that delivers quality drug lifecycle and medical practice insights from an exclusive real-world data network, recently secured a $150 million Series E led by Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC) and Novo Growth, the growth-stage investment arm of Novo Holdings.
Existing Verana Health investors GV (formerly Google Ventures), Casdin Capital, and Brook Byers also joined the round, as well as notable new investors, including the Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, THVC, and Breyer Capital.
We are driven to create quality real-world data in ophthalmology, neurology and urology to accelerate quality insights across the drug lifecycle and within medical practices. Additionally, we are driven to advance the quality of care and quality of life for patients. DRIVE defines our internal purpose and is the galvanizing force that helps ground us in a shared corporate culture. DRIVE is: Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity, Voice-of-Customer and End-Results. Click here to read more about our culture and values.
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT , VA, WA, Washington, D.C. All employees are required to have permanent residency in one of these states. Candidates who are willing to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Office Manager (Independent Contractor)
We are seeking a highly organized and proactive Office Manager to join our dynamic team on a 9-month contract basis. As the Office Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of our San Francisco office.
Location: 360 Third Street, #425, San Francisco, CA 94107
Schedule: Monday-Thursday in the office (approx. 8AM - 4:30PM with some flexibility for adjustment based on business needs), Friday work from home
Duration: 9 months (with possibility for extension)
Compensation: This is a 1099 contractor position. $40 to $45 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Office Managers in NY & KX to help put together a consistent framework that you manage for SF towards office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Act as the point of contact for all office-related inquiries and provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with vendors and service providers to ensure timely delivery of office supplies and equipment maintenance.
- Assist with in office onboarding of new employees, special in office events planning & support, and be a point of contact for visiting employees.
- Manage some light administrative duties for certain executives which could include, managing incoming and outgoing correspondence, scheduling appointments, and organizing meetings.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Proven experience as an Office Manager or similar administrative role.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient in Google Suite and Slack.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field is a plus.
- This role is not eligible for benefits
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Verana, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Caution to Job Applicants: Be vigilant against potential scams. Verana Health will never ask for payment or personal information upfront. Verify company details, cross-check job offers, and trust your instincts. Any legitimate job offer will be received by a Verana Health email account (not via gmail, text or other means) Report suspicious activities to protect yourself and others in the job-seeking community.
Please note pay ranges for major metropolitan areas may be different.