We know how critical having access to quality mental health care is. We envision a world where people are able to receive the help they need from anywhere, and it starts with Valera Health.
Health Connector (Remote; 2p-11p EST)
Valera Health is a best-in-class tele-mental health service company that uses digital technology to deliver high-quality and culturally appropriate behavioral healthcare.
At Valera Health, we practice complete care and believe that great care happens when we work together. We employ a comprehensive care approach that combines therapy and medication management with overall wellness promotion. We make sure our patients are supported between visits with personalized tools and resources and an easy way to reach out for help. Our team works together to provide treatment that is comprehensive, coordinated, and tailored to patients.
Why we need you!
Valera health coaches are an integral part of each patient’s care team and guarantee that patients have a seamless experience of care. The health coach serves as a communication channel between patients, providers, and Valera’s operational team. As a health coach, you will play a critical role in strengthening relationships with our providers and ensuring patient engagement in care. You are the first point of contact for potential patients and will be integral to our growth.
Responsibilities of the Health Connector:
- Interact with current and prospective patients, including in the initial patient consultation that involves a clinical assessment
- Interact with providers and support with technical or logistical troubleshooting
- Be involved in the growth of this team, attend weekly team huddles and monthly all-staff meetings
You will love this role if you:
- Have an interest in behavioral health and use passion, compassion, and care to serve patients with behavioral health needs
- Are comfortable with technology and using different platforms simultaneously
- Are detail-oriented, organized, and able to juggle different priorities
- Are willing to continue professional development through trainings such as mental health first aid, motivational interviewing, and crisis management
Qualifications of a Health Connector:
What we are looking for you to bring:
- A minimum of 32 hours of weekly availability, between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm on Monday-Friday PST
- A background in behavioral health such as a BS in psychology, social work, social services, case management/coordination (we accept master’s level applicants as well)
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Be a self-starter and a team player
- Critical thinking skills and a willingness to learn new things and take initiative
- Experience or comfortable with crisis management
- An open mind and curiosity for the behavioral healthcare field, with a passion to improve the lives of others!
- Bilingual in Spanish/Mandarin is a plus but not required!
Fair work deserves fair wages. We at Valera support wage-transparency and value this role at between $21-23/hr with the potential for an annual performance bonus.
Valera Health Mission Statement:
To provide compassionate mental healthcare to those who need it the most, when they need it the most.
Valera Health Values:
- Follow the data, embrace change, and adapt purposefully
- Build an authentic, inclusive, and engaged community
- Collaborate and work as a team
- Invest in our team members and their development
- Incorporate diversity and equity every step of the way
- Treat others with dignity and operate with integrity
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- And many more
Be part of our mission!
We are very proud of the work that we do and it takes a great team to make it happen! If you are interested in one of our open positions, we’d love to start the conversation.
We hire people from all backgrounds because that’s what it takes to build a team that can reach and support those in need of high-quality behavioral healthcare. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.