Did you know that 1 in 5 Medicare members who are eligible for critical healthcare subsidies that could save them thousands of dollars are not enrolled in them? And, as Medicare members, are increasingly dissatisfied with their coverage options? 16% of Medicare members change their coverage within a year and close to 50% change plans within 5 years.
Uno Health is a tech-enabled service that enrolls Medicare individuals into many of the financial programs they're eligible for - such as SNAP and Utility Assistance - unlocking thousands of dollars for some of the most vulnerable Americans. The extra cash leads to improved health outcomes and savings for all, and a subset of programs unlock ~20% in direct revenue for their Medicare insurers.
Founders Anna de Paula Hanika and Chloe Phitoussi were inspired by first-hand experience in their previous roles at healthcare startups developing programs which aimed to improve people's health outcomes while balancing the financial incentives of the insurance plan. Uno’s investors include Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Floodgate and Cowboy Ventures and other healthcare and technology leaders.
We are at a pivotal time, both for our growth as a company and for the healthcare system as a whole, with lots of pressures being applied to our members and customers. Come join our team and help us in our mission to enable the best health coverage for the lowest cost to the most people!
About the Role
We are looking for a best-in-class leader to lead a team of Engagement Coordinators, who work with members to determine their eligibility into government programs and ultimately initiates a member’s enrollment process. Our team is mission-oriented, excited about enrolling people in need of life-changing benefits, and welcomes the challenge of becoming experts on the various government programs and educating members on them. This role is critical in supporting the team that owns the enrollment process. This is an in-person/hybrid role that will manage and lead a growing team based in Salt Lake City and New York City.
Additional Role Responsibilities:
- You will support the day-to-day people management of our Engagement Coordinator team, who kickoff the enrollment process with outbound phone calls to insurance plan members and work with them to determine eligibility for government programs.
- You are responsible for your team’s performance, and providing proactive and consistent updates to your team & other stakeholders on the Engagement team’s contribution to company & customer targets.
- You will directly manage a team of Associate Operations Managers, who work closely with our Engagement Coordinators to meet our daily and monthly targets.
- You will be responsible for ensuring your team delivers on call volume, conversion, and eligibility targets; providing consistent updates on work funnels while flagging delays and blockers to the organization.
- You will come with a solutions-first mindset, with an eagerness to test new workflows and continuously seek to improve existing processes that drive efficiency and quality of your team’s work.
- You will foster a culture of operational excellence, ensuring the Engagement team is delivering on Uno’s Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and the team’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on a regular basis, as well as delivering the highest quality member experience.
- You will be responsible for Quality Assurance (QA) of your team’s performance on an ongoing basis and provide regular feedback and training to the team to ensure we are meeting SLAs.
- You will help to expand the Engagement team by leading the hiring and onboarding of new team members.
- You will provide mentorship & development, working with team members to help them achieve their growth goals within Uno Health.
- You will be a key stakeholder with technology and product teams on an ongoing basis.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience managing teams responsible for telephonic outreach, especially engaging marginalized populations, and a passion for honing core sales principles to match real member’s needs with our solution.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, and the ability to effectively communicate with different levels of the organization on team progress and challenges are a must.
- Experience in delivering effective feedback & coaching to individuals on your team.
- A strong analytical mindset to drive performance as well as ensuring continuous improvement within our processes and procedures.
- You should be eager to learn every aspect of the workflow process and focused on finding ways to continuously improve workflows based on your learnings.
- Ability to maintain multiple queues of work and manage the team’s time effectively to deliver on daily SLAs & performance metrics.
- Creative problem-solving skills to triage issues that arise.
- Understanding and appreciation of the complexity of the social service space and the know-how to navigate through it.
- Bonus: Fluency in Spanish and English
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Are excited to work with an early-stage startup where you’ll take on responsibility within a growing team.
- Have a desire to improve the healthcare outcomes and economic situation for millions of members.
- Have experience working with multiple technology tools at once and are able to pick up on new skills and tools quickly (Google sheets, Slack, Customer Relationship Management tools (CRMs), ticketing queues, etc.).
- Are a self-starter who enjoys working cross-functionally with different teams to reach a common company goal.
- Enjoy continuous improvement and being a part of an innovative culture.
- Embody Uno Health’s manager principles - you’re a champion for your team, you are a great role model for employees, and you show up, support, & give feedback, and are solutions-minded.
Pay, Perks & Benefits at Uno!
- Pay Rate: $95,000 + Bonus Potential + Equity.
- Hybrid work environment: This is primarily an in person role in our Salt Lake City office with some hybrid/remote flexibility.
- Time Off: 25 Vacation Days, 11 Standard Holidays and 7 Sick Days.
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, life insurance plans, & 401K plans!
- Growth: Several opportunities for advancement both in leveling up, working on special projects, and learning and development opportunities.
- Start-Up Environment: Add on to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand to a new geography for the first time!
Uno Health’s Dedication to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Uno is committed to always pursue greater Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our hiring practices. To achieve Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at Uno, we are cognizant of the backgrounds that are underrepresented in our industry and society, and actively work towards achieving more inclusive hiring standards and more equitable outcomes specifically for people from those backgrounds. We currently collect optional demographic information from candidates at the application stage in order to allow us to measure outcomes of people from underrepresented backgrounds in our hiring process. Identifying information about a candidate will never be shared externally and will only be used for the purpose of Uno measuring its levels of representation.
Uno Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, educational background, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Uno encourages people from all backgrounds to apply to this role!
Please note: Uno Health interview requests and job offers only originate from hiuno.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Uno Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Uno Health, please notify us at: email@example.com