People Operations Analyst
About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
This role will join our small and mighty People Team and support day to day operations. As a People Operations Analyst you’ll provide data, reporting, and analysis to help our team understand people trends, as well as support day to day operations. Reporting to our VP, People, this role will be responsible for managing HR analytics and the systems that tie all our data together, including data integrity in our HRIS. This role will work closely with key stakeholders across the Finance and Office Teams, supporting processes like payroll, compensation analysis, and bonus programs.
What you’ll do:
- Day to day management of our HRIS, ensuring consistent data quality and capturing all changes as needed. Tracking changes in other linked systems.
Managing all people data and reporting. This will include:
- Quarterly headcount reports
- EEO analyses
- Engagement Survey results
- Quarterly compensation reports
- Forecasting trends in people information
- You will also be asked to work closely with our Recruiting Team to help them with reporting needs
- Maintain our compensation bands, performing regular market analysis to make sure these are up-to-date.
- In partnership with our Payroll Team, compiling reports and analytics related to compensation and benefits
- Creating presentations for the company and leadership, as needed
As People Ops Analyst you should have:
- At three years of prior experience in human resources, preferably in an analyst, ops, or generalist role.
- Expert Excel skills, including the ability to perform V lookups and pivot tables.
- The ability to both report on data and analyze the data, providing key insights and observations to the People Team and key stakeholders.
- Excellent QA skills; the data you produce is correct and has minimal errors. The ability to trace data errors to the root cause and fix the error in our systems.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Basic statistical understanding is preferred (regression analysis, correlation, confidence intervals, etc.)
- High integrity
- Genuine interest in this role
The salary range for this role is $100,000 - $115,000 and will be eligible for an equity grant and an annual performance based bonus. Where a new hire falls within this range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
Stellar reserves the right to change our compensation bands at any time.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.
At Stellar Health, your privacy and security as a job seeker is a priority no matter where you are in the interview process. As recruiting scams have become more prevalent, please take note of the following practices to ensure the legitimacy of any interaction with our team.
- Please note that any communication from our recruiters and hiring managers at Stellar Health about a job opportunity will only be made by a Stellar Health employee with an @stellar.health email address.
- Stellar Health does not utilize third-party agencies for recruitment services and does not conduct text message or chat-based interviews. Any other email addresses, agencies, or forums may be phishing scams designed to obtain your personal information.
- We will not ask you to provide personal or financial information, including, but not limited to, your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information, and other related banking information until we begin onboarding activities, which will be coordinated by a member of the Stellar Health People Ops Team with an @stellar.health email address.
If you are ever unsure whether you are in contact with a legitimate Stellar Health teammate, please contact email@example.com. If you believe you've been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and immediately report it by contacting the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.