Office Manager - Part Time
About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
Please note this is a Part-Time, Contract Role, 20-25 hours per week.
Stellar Health’s People Team is looking for an experienced Part time Office Manager. Reporting to our People Ops Manager, this role will be based out of our New York, Union Square headquarters. We have a brand new, two floor office space, and a hybrid workforce of amazing employees. As our part time Office Manager, your main responsibility will be to make sure our physical and remote office spaces are as welcoming and well-functioning as possible. This is a highly collaborative role, where you will be required to work with many different stakeholders across the business, while managing multiple priorities and projects. This is a part time role, perfect for someone looking to build their resume and experience working in a startup environment!
While your role will be broad, and likely will change as Stellar grows, we expect your work to fall in three categories:
Day-to-Day Office Management
- Maintaining office cleanliness and organization. This will include things like managing our dishwasher, providing light cleaning where needed, stocking and inventory tracking, and generally making sure our space is a great space for employees
- Management of all Office Vendor relationships including Marche, Fooda, Alliance, and others. Management will include highlighting when a particular vendor may need to be swapped out.
- Managing an office events calendar, in partnership with key G & A stakeholders
- Managing office systems access, partnering with IT as needed here
- Running all office processes, and keeping tabs on how to make these processes more scalable and efficient
- Coordinating activities with any remote employee stakeholders (eg: our Engineering Chief of Staff)
- Managing general office upkeep, including any office repairs
- Supporting all Office Visitors, including delivery and service vendors
- Being the first person Stellar Visitors interact with when they come onsite
- Ensuring our reception area is clean, organized, and welcoming at all times
Employee Experience Tasks
- Supporting all Employee Events, in conjunction with the rest of the People Team and the Office of the CEO
- Managing, triaging, responding to, and actioning all office related tickets and requests
- Helping maintain and update documentation related office policies and processes
- As above, tracking anything related to Employee Experience budgets
- Working with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Steering Committee on various events, stepping in to help plan and manage where needed
- Contributing ideas for events and updates that would make employee experience even better
As a part time Office Manager you will need to have:
- Combination of work experience, internships, and education that indicate success in this type of role
- Ideally your experience will have been in a fast paced office environment
- Experience with MS Office and Google products is required
- Experience managing and tracking budgets is required
- Ideally you have intermediate to advanced Excel skills (data visualizations, VLookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Great communication skills, including the ability to write to different audiences
- A high level of integrity
- A great attitude, and the patience to ‘roll with the punches’
Generally, you would be joining a great team of People People who want to help make Stellar the best place to work for all employees.
This is a contract rate of $2,000-$2,400. Where a new hire falls within this range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role.
Stellar reserves the right to change our compensation bands at any time.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.
At Stellar Health, your privacy and security as a job seeker is a priority no matter where you are in the interview process. As recruiting scams have become more prevalent, please take note of the following practices to ensure the legitimacy of any interaction with our team.
- Please note that any communication from our recruiters and hiring managers at Stellar Health about a job opportunity will only be made by a Stellar Health employee with an @stellar.health email address.
- Stellar Health does not utilize third-party agencies for recruitment services and does not conduct text message or chat-based interviews. Any other email addresses, agencies, or forums may be phishing scams designed to obtain your personal information.
- We will not ask you to provide personal or financial information, including, but not limited to, your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information, and other related banking information until we begin onboarding activities, which will be coordinated by a member of the Stellar Health People Ops Team with an @stellar.health email address.
If you are ever unsure whether you are in contact with a legitimate Stellar Health teammate, please contact email@example.com. If you believe you've been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and immediately report it by contacting the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.