Clinical Performance Lead
About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
Stellar is looking for a Community Clinical Coordinator RN, who will drive performance impact for our customers. This role will work directly with patients and primary care practices to connect patients to preventative healthcare in the community. This role will be a strategic partner to healthcare providers, clinicians, and practice staff, using quantitative analysis and a strong understanding of healthcare operations to ensure that they are using Stellar's technology product to improve patient quality outcomes. This role is a key part of our Operations Team and works cross-functionally with sales, product, and engineering. This role is a hybrid role- time in the community is required (home visits, community events, outpatient offices, etc.). Our corporate offices are located in New York, and travel to the Northeast region for retreats and team building events are required (approximately once per quarter).
What you’ll do:
- Meet patients where they are to provide healthcare navigation, including home visits, community events, primary care offices, clinics, etc.
- Manage incoming and outgoing calls to outreach patients to close preventative health gaps
- Responsible for hitting performance benchmarks for quality performance measures as set out by our payor contracts
- Respect and value each patient’s unique experience and circumstances, providing empathetic service to connect them to the appropriate healthcare services
- Provide clinical support, chronic disease management, and healthcare education to patients, as needed
- Build and maintain professional relationships with community partners, including hospital systems, primary care and specialists, FQHCs and community-based organizations
- Maintain professional relationships with community partners to ensure the successful delivery of programming as well as in non-traditional work settings (public venues, informal gatherings, outdoor events etc.
- Utilize critical thinking skills and excellent communication skills to develop and manage operational strategies for closing care gaps in the community and in clinical settings
- Collaborate with with community based PCPs and specialists to ensure preventative healthcare measures and quality goals are consistently met
- Strategize with providers, practice managers, and care team staff members to integrate the Stellar Health platform into practice workflow and improve care quality and documentation
- Use analytical tools and qualitative insights to assess practice performance over time and guide improvement on value-based care metrics
- Onboard and train practice staff on effective use of the Stellar Health platform
- Partner closely with account management counterparts to align provider performance with key customer success metrics
- Translate in-depth understanding of provider and practice staff needs into critical insights for product development
- Design and implement strategies to help get different types of providers and patients to engage more successfully with Stellar and deliver better outcomes
- Participate in continuous quality improvement processes to inform our internal operations and develop best practices for performance management
- Act as a Stellar Ambassador with clients, patients, and with other healthcare stakeholders
- Possess strong time management skills to balance time in the community, contacting patients, working with providers in clinical settings, and internal work priorities
What you need to have:
- Active Registered Nurse license in Kansas
- Knowledge of your community and ability to travel around the state of Kansas on an up to weekly basis and meet patients and providers where they are- reliable personal vehicle preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience in healthcare delivery, including RN Care Management, patient navigation, or care coordination
- Demonstrated ability to be a change agent for patients, including patient education, helping a patient adapt new habits and change behavior.
- Excellent communication skills - you approach care interactions with empathy. Familiarity with Motivational Interviewing techniques
- Excitement about how new technology can help doctors and clinicians provide high quality care
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and other software tools
- Excellent project management experience, including the ability to manage/ juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to think critically to solve tough problems
- Strong ability to use data to understand workflows and identify areas of opportunity
- Excellent people skills and the ability to quickly form meaningful relationships with key stakeholders
Who will love this job:
- You get things done and you love working in a dynamic environment; we move quickly and we need a teammate who will too
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker who wants to build tools to improve patient outcomes in your community
- You thrive on helping others and owning successful outcomes
- You are a team player and understand collaboration and accountability are key
- You understand, appreciate and enjoy responsibility
- You are excited by a challenge - you love solving tough problems and getting to the win
The salary range for this role is 120-140k and will be eligible for a performance based bonus. Where a new hire falls within this range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
Stellar reserves the right to change our compensation bands at any time.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.