Director of Design
Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person — whether that’s meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health equips over 800 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, as a leading and preferred mental health service. Companies like J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Microsoft, J.B. Hunt, Bumble, and Instacart use the Spring Health platform to provide mental health services to thousands of their team members globally. We have raised over $370 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, and many more. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2.5 billion.
As Director of Design you will lead our marketing design organization and enable the broader Marketing organization through exceptional brand design, world-class video production and impactful visual design. You’ll be a key partner on the Brand team and help steer the development and creative of a category-leading brand in mental health. You’ll work closely with Marketing leaders across lead generation, customer marketing, product marketing and content to ensure we are putting our best foot forward across all visual storytelling, design assets, videos, and campaigns. You’ll help champion a new way to show up in our industry and raise the bar when it comes to beautiful design in healthcare.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive design strategy that aligns with the overall marketing and brand objectives.
- Oversee the creation of visually stunning and cohesive design elements across various marketing channels, including digital, print, and social media.
- Manage and inspire a team of talented marketing designers, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Drive the team to consistently produce high-quality, on-brand design deliverables.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and other cross-functional teams to ensure design solutions effectively communicate the brand message and align with broader business goals.
- Act as a bridge between design and other departments to foster seamless communication and project execution.
- Uphold and enforce brand guidelines, ensuring consistency across all marketing materials and touchpoints.
- Work closely with the marketing team to evolve and enhance the visual identity of the brand.
- Stay abreast of design trends, industry best practices, and emerging technologies to infuse innovation into the design process.
- Introduce new design techniques and technologies to enhance the overall effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Oversee the end-to-end project management of design initiatives, ensuring deadlines are met and projects are executed efficiently.
- Prioritize tasks and allocate resources effectively to meet business objectives.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Marketing, or a related field; Master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as a senior-level designer, with at least 4+ years in a leadership role.
- Extensive portfolio showcasing successful marketing design campaigns across various channels.
- Strong understanding of brand strategy and the ability to translate it into visually compelling designs.
- Proficient in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and others.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present in meetings.
- Strong project and time management skills and the ability to organize and assist team members in the prioritization of workload.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, highly collaborative, and uncompromising in delivering a best-in-class experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and manage high-performing teams and interact with individuals at all levels throughout the company.
The target salary range for this position is $149,900-$194,950, and is part of a competitive total rewards package including stock options, benefits, and incentive pay for eligible roles. Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs annually at minimum to ensure competitive and fair pay.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women, communities of color and historically underrepresented talent are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Spring Health we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Ready to do the most impactful work of your life? Learn more about our values, how we work, and how hypergrowth meets impact at Spring Health: Our Values
Hypergrowth meets impact
What to expect working here:
- You will be held accountable to an exceptionally high bar and impact
- This may be the fastest work environment you will ever experience in terms of growth, decision-making, and time to impact
- You will be empowered to set your own boundaries and asked to adapt them in critical moments when the company needs you
- You will create processes & products that have never existed before
- You will have very direct conversations and receive continuous feedback to push you to become the most thriving team member and performer you can be
- Change is a constant here: your role, team, responsibilities, and success metrics will shift as the company grows
- You get to be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the field
- You get to learn and grow at an extremely accelerated pace
- You will experience transparency, integrity, & humility from leadership
- You will be empowered to constantly challenge the status quo
- You get the space to experiment & innovate
- You get to make a transformational impact for the company, mental health, and for real human lives — and you will see that impact quickly
- You will become more resourceful and resilient
- You get to be part of a winning team that opens doors in the future
Benefits provided by Spring Health:
Your Total Health:
- Health, Dental, Vision benefits start on your first day at Spring Health. You and your dependents also receive an individual One Medical account which is valued at $199/year per user. HSA and FSA plans available
- Numerous yearly no-cost visits to the Spring Health network of therapists, coaches, and medication management providers for you and your dependents
- 10 allocated sick days per year
- Flexible paid time off in addition to 12 paid holidays throughout the year
- Access to Gympass, an on-demand virtual benefit that provides wellbeing coaching, and budget management.
- Sabbatical Leave: When you’re a Team Member at Spring Health and hit your four-year Springaversary, you’ll be awarded a four week, fully paid, sabbatical leave.
You And Your family:
- 4-4.5 months of fully paid parental leave
- Spring Health provides team members and their families with sponsored access to Bright Horizons® child care, back-up care, and elder care.
- Access to fertility care support through Carrot, in addition to $4,000 reimbursement for related fertility expenses
Supporting you financially through:
- Our People team benchmarks all salaries using the Radford Global Compensation Database for technology and life sciences industries. Radford benchmarks salaries with 3,589 global firms, 6.5 million employees, and 98 countries across the globe. We do this to ensure all of our team members are paid equally and competitively.
- On top of competitive and benchmarked salary, Spring Health offers incentive pay (based on role), and equity that begins vesting as we celebrate your first year with the company!
- Employer sponsored 401(k) match of up to 2% after 90 days of employment
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
- Flexible work arrangements: 66% of Spring Health team members work fully remote while 33% work in a hybrid model from our New York City offices
- Focus Fridays: no meetings, no distractions, just time for you to get work done.
- Focus Weeks: In Spring 2023, we held our first ever Focus Week, we canceled all non-essential meetings, minimized distractions, and you, our team members, to dive into the key work that gets chopped up or deprioritized during the regular day-to-day. We saw a 36% jump in the average energized score after those five days of flow state work and are finalizing a plan for quarterly Focus Weeks for team members.
- Up to $1,000 Professional Development Reimbursement per calendar year.
- $200 per year donation matching to support your favorite causes
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.