At Sirona Medical we’re building tools for physicians to work as fast as they can think. Many billions of patient images are acquired each year in the U.S., and nearly all of them are reviewed and diagnosed by a radiologist. In fact, 80% of healthcare data flows through radiology IT systems, and radiologists are among healthcare’s most tech-savvy and influential physicians. But they desperately need better, user-friendly software that cuts clicks and optimizes diagnostic time. Sirona is building a modern cloud-native and AI-powered operating system (“RadOS”) that unifies radiology IT onto a single, streamlined workspace. We’re a San Francisco, CA-based software company (with employees working from all over the world) founded on a deep understanding of both the practice and business of radiology.
Senior Backend Software Engineers at Sirona are responsible for the data-intensive applications and services we develop for reimagining the way doctors engage with medical images in the era of Computer Vision, NLP and Machine Learning. Software Engineers work in collaboration with our product designers, product managers and researchers/scientists to solve problems and further the application of technology in the radiology space. Their goal is to help doctors deliver the highest quality of care with the use of technology.
- Create API solutions for internal and external web services for storing and exposing all data ingested or generated by radiologists, using test-driven development to write well-tested code
- Build performant and reliable services and solutions to manage and transfer the large amount of data to clients
- Collaborate with frontend and quality engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code
- Brainstorm features with product managers, designers, scientists and GTM team
- Turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter by working with engineers, product managers and senior leadership
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards to raise the bar for the team
- Gather problem requirements from Product and customize feedback and create innovative solutions
- Review, plan and architect end-to-end solutions
- Focus on company goals and trade off solutions based on cost and value
- Run code reviews and pair programming with other engineers in the organization
- Contribute to strong testing practices to avoid regressions in the solutions provided
- 6+ years of professional experience with Python or similar object oriented language (Python3 preferred)
- 5+ years API design experience
- 5+ years Database experience (SQL or NOSQL)
- Experience with performance and optimization problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including writing Docs and RFCs
- Ability to determine the trade offs of multiple solutions and choose the appropriate one given the business needs
- Bonus points: Amazon AWS, Django, Docker, Kubernetes and general full-stack experience
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401K matching
- Apple equipment
- Sponsorship for conferences, continuing education, etc
- Dynamic engineering role–technological innovation is at the core of our business
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals
- Do something morally benevolent!
The annual US base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 - $175,000 + equity + benefits. Pay scale is flexible depending on experience. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, competencies, experience, relevant education and training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.