Outreach & Engagement Manager
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your North Star: Managing and motivating teams to drive enrollment
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Outreach & Engagement Manager to join our team. As the Outreach & Engagement Manager, you will drive enrollment and activation KPIs through effective coaching, training, and supervision of a team of outreach specialists. You will be responsible for monitoring your team’s performance, and developing and implementing effective strategies and processes to engage prospective patients. This is a critical position that requires strong leadership, excellent communication skills, and a deep understanding of healthcare regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Lead, and manage a team of outreach specialists providing regular training, and coaching to achieve enrollment KPIs.
- Facilitate onboarding and training of new specialists.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative outreach performance metrics to identify trends and opportunities to improve key KPIs including enrollments and CAC.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of specialist interactions, outcomes, and follow-up actions, adhering to privacy and confidentiality regulations.
- Identify opportunities and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of outbound calling.
- Perform performance evaluations and regular quality assurance checks on outreach specialist calls and documentation.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations and guidelines in all outbound calling and outreach activities.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive team environment, encouraging professional growth and development.
Who you are
- Earned your Bachelor's degree in healthcare management, public health, or a related field.
- Proven experience in healthcare management, specifically in outbound calling and proactive outreach.
- Strong knowledge of Medicaid policies, procedures, and value-based care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with diverse patient populations.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with experience in managing and motivating teams.
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting, using metrics to drive performance improvements.
- Detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with healthcare software systems and customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
Bonus points if you have any of the following
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Are fluent in speaking and writing Spanish.
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the clinical team and overall business. It’s a chance to make a real difference in families’ lives. The work you do will be essential for Pomelo to achieve the scale, personalization, and user experience required to dramatically improve the lives of mothers and babies.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision-making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes benefits and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and geography. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $80,000 to $85,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range.