Manager, Quality Operations
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Pomelo Care is building the first at-scale, evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care platform, transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies. Our technology-enabled care platform engages patients early, conducts continuous risk assessments, creates a personalized care plan and team for each patient, and delivers coordinated virtual care and care management throughout pregnancy, NICU, and in the postpartum year to improve outcomes.
Pomelo manages individual risk factors for poor pregnancy outcomes (e.g., diabetes, hypertension, behavioral health, substance use disorder, social determinants, etc.) to reduce preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections, and maternal mortality and morbidity. We also support families whose babies are in the NICU to help them care for their newborns, prepare for timely discharge, and confidently transition to home care with 24/7 telemedicine access to the Pomelo care team.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, technologists, and problem solvers who are humble, eager to learn, and passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are backed by leading investors, including a16z, First Round Capital, Box Group, SV Angel, Operator Partners, and the founders of leading digital health companies such as Landmark, Flatiron Health, and Pillpack.
Your north star: Build out and oversee our clinical quality operations as we rapidly scale our clinical team.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Define our quality operations structure, including ongoing quality assurance (QA) program and structured retros, in collaboration with our clinical and population health teams
- Develop the process and approach for ongoing QA for our clinical quality of care
- Work closely with clinical subject matter experts to define and standardize the content for ongoing QA and episodic retros
- Develop QA dashboards at both the individual and group level to identify areas of excellence as well as quality gaps
- Collaborate closely with our onboarding and training team to address quality gaps
- Collaborate with our product team to streamline our quality processes and prioritize feature development as we scale
Who you are
- 5+ years experience in clinical quality operations in a health system or high-growth startup
- Exceptional project management and prioritization skills
- Data-informed & results-oriented operator who moves fast
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly organized
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work cross-functionally with clinicians
- Passionate about maternal and child health
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $110,000 to $130,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.