Manager, Content Marketing
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your North Star: Drive engagement with our target audiences with compelling content.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and executing our content marketing strategy to drive awareness and engagement with our key target audiences – health plans, patients, and prospective employees. You will define our editorial calendar and collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop case studies, blogs, patient-facing educational materials, social media content, medical journal submissions, and more. This position requires a combination of content & creativity, strategy, and analytical skills to define and optimize content engagement across channels. This role is ideal for someone with B2B or B2B2C content marketing experience who has previously served in content roles at high growth virtual care or health tech companies.
- Develop and execute comprehensive content marketing strategies to establish Pomelo as a trusted and beloved brand among our B2B2C audience and increase customer satisfaction and retention.
- Conceptualize and create a variety of short and long-form content, including case studies, blogs, white papers, social media posts, patient testimonials, and more that showcase Pomelo’s impact for our partners and patients.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our key B2B stakeholders and our patients to translate that knowledge into resonate, high quality content.
- Use data-driven insights to continuously refine content strategies and optimize content performance, including SEO optimization.
- Oversee all content to ensure brand voice and tone are consistent across all marketing and patient communication channels.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Clinical, Product, and Customer Success teams and contractors (e.g. copyediting, design) to align content creation efforts with the overall marketing strategy and enhance the patient journey.
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience in content marketing – ideally with experience creating content for high growth virtual care or health tech companies. Bonus points: You have scientific writing experience and/or content experience or a background in maternal health.
- Superb writing and editing skills with a proven ability to turn complex topics into simple, digestible content.
- Able to efficiently collaborate with stakeholders to create compelling content.
- Familiarity with content management systems and tools for content creation and distribution.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices, including the ability to write and edit content with SEO optimization in mind.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and translate insights into actionable recommendations.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Creative thinker with a results-oriented mindset with a focus on driving measurable business impact through content.
- A passion for understanding customer needs and delivering exceptional customer touchpoints through content.
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the clinical team and overall business. It’s a chance to make a real difference in families’ lives. The work you do will be essential for Pomelo to achieve the scale, personalization, and user experience required to dramatically improve the lives of mothers and babies.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision-making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes benefits and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and geography. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $110,000-125,000 We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range.