Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Pomelo is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Accountant or Manager, commensurate with experience, to join our rapidly growing organization. This role will partner directly with the VP, Accounting to build a best in class accounting function that can adapt, grow and meet the changing needs of the organization as it evolves. On this small team, you will have the ability to assist directly with all aspects of the day to day financial activities, including AR, AP, treasury, general ledger and monthly reporting. You will also partner to build, implement, maintain and support accounting processes, systems, and internal controls to streamline accounting operations, mitigate risk and improve financial reporting to aid in better decision making and financial transparency.
In this role, you will:
- Support the day to day accounting operations of five legal entities, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury and general ledger
- Assist with the monthly financial closes, including creating monthly journal entries and performing account reconciliations
- Assist with the maintenance of financial tools and systems
- Prepare monthly financial statements and ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual close package reporting. This includes managing intercompany allocations and accumulation of financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Assist VP with technical accounting research, including reaching alternatives, documenting facts and implementing recommendations and conclusions
- Partner with VP and cross-functional stakeholders to build, implement, maintain and support accounting processes, systems, and internal controls, including offering recommendations for improvement, evaluating future business needs and managing compliance
- Collaborate and provide support to business owners as needed
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience working on an accounting team at a rapidly growing, early-stage company
- Excellent attention to detail and strong, collaborative analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Desire to learn and develop your skill set to take on more responsibility and a diverse set of tasks/ experiences
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and figure things out. Driven by understanding and building systems and processes
- Experience with ERP systems and proficiency in accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks or NetSuite)
- Extra credit:
- Understanding of Friendly PC model and implications for accounting processes and controls
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range for a Senior Accountant is $100,000-$115,000 and a Manager is $125,000-$145,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.