Senior Manager/Director, Care Operations
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Pomelo Care is building the first at-scale, evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care platform, transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies. Our technology-enabled care platform engages patients early, conducts continuous risk assessments, creates a personalized care plan and team for each patient, and delivers coordinated virtual care and care management throughout pregnancy, NICU, and in the postpartum year to improve outcomes.
Pomelo manages individual risk factors for poor pregnancy outcomes (e.g., diabetes, hypertension, behavioral health, substance use disorder, social determinants, etc.) to reduce preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections, and maternal mortality and morbidity. We also support families whose babies are in the NICU to help them care for their newborns, prepare for timely discharge, and confidently transition to home care with 24/7 telemedicine access to the Pomelo care team.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, technologists, and problem solvers who are humble, eager to learn, and passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are backed by leading investors, including a16z, First Round Capital, Box Group, SV Angel, Operator Partners, and the founders of leading digital health companies such as Landmark, Flatiron Health, and Pillpack.
Your north star: Develop and maintain the operational structures that will enable the clinical team to scale efficiently while maintaining high quality and satisfaction.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and manage the onboarding process for new clinical team members, ensuring a seamless transition into the organization
- Develop approach to optimize clinician schedules, in collaboration with clinical leaders, to ensure optimal coverage and efficient resource allocation
- Lead the credentialing, licensing, and payer enrollment strategy and process for the clinical team
- Work closely with clinical leadership to operationalize training programs to enhance the skills and knowledge of clinical team members
- Operationalize clinical quality assurance processes in collaboration with clinical leadership
- Collaborate with people operations and clinical leadership on developing learning & development opportunities for the clinical team
- Develop and implement strategies to measure clinical team satisfaction and identify areas for improvement
Who you are
- 5+ years healthcare operations or consulting experience, ideally having worked within healthcare delivery or a high-growth startup
- Exceptional project management and prioritization skills
- Experience building and scaling operational processes for clinicians
- Results-oriented operator who moves fast
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work cross-functionally with clinicians and technical teams
- Passionate about maternal and child health
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $110,000-$130,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.