Senior Associate / Manager, Partnerships
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your North Star: Grow and accelerate Pomelo’s partnership pipeline, expanding our opportunities to serve patients.
In this role, you will:
- Source, track, and manage our pipeline of health plan and employer opportunities
- Conduct research on prospective partners, health plan priorities, and relevant state policy changes to inform pipeline opportunities and engagements
- Analyze pipeline data and develop operational processes to accelerate conversions
- Develop presentation and proposal materials for strategic partnership opportunities
- Collaborate closely with Pomelo marketing team on prospective customer opportunities, including pitches, conferences, and presentations
- Advocate for prospect and customer needs internally, and work cross-functionally on strategic projects such as new customer acquisition segments and opportunities, major market trends, or other initiatives critical to Pomelo’s growth
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of experience in a client-facing or analytical role, preferably from management consulting
- 2+ years of healthcare experience
- Strong problem solving and project management experience spanning cross-functional teams and competing priorities
- Interest and willingness to research new domain areas by leveraging existing data and resources
- Highly adaptive, entrepreneurial, and pragmatic — able to turn ideas into action
- Eager to thrive in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills — ability to distill complex information to simple messaging
Bonus points for:
- Experience owning or managing client relationships
- Experience selling to employers or health plans
- Experience working in a virtual care setting and/or with value-based care models
Why You Should Join Our Team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you'll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, variable compensation, benefits, and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $80,000-$135,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration, so we allow some choice between equity and cash.