Memora Health works with leading healthcare organizations to make complex care journeys simple for patients and clinicians so that care is more accessible, actionable, and always-on. Our team is rapidly growing as we expand our programs to reach more health systems and patients, and we are excited to bring on a Senior Software Engineer. In this role, you will have the critical responsibility of developing, supporting, and iterating frontend and/or backend functionality that makes up the overall Memora care delivery platform. The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate effectively with Memora’s Product Management, UX, Architecture, QA, TechOps, Solutions Engineering, and Client Success teams, following enterprise SaaS SDLC best practices.
This role will work closely with the cross-functional teams to understand customer pain points and identify, prioritize, and implement maintainable solutions. Ideal candidates will be driven not only by the problem we are solving but also by the innovative approach and technology that we are applying to healthcare - looking to make a significant impact on healthcare delivery. We’re looking for someone with exceptional curiosity and enthusiasm for solving hard problems.
- Collaborate with Technical Lead, fellow engineers, Product Managers, UX Designers, QA, and TechOps to develop, test, secure, iterate, and scale complex frontend and/or backend functionality such as the following:
- Patient management dashboard that enables clinicians to monitor patient care journeys and to communicate with patients
- Care program management dashboard that enables clients to track program metrics
- Care program configuration UI to accelerate and streamline client project implementations
- Platform messaging services and builders to automate patient communications
- Data models and APIs for integration with EHR systems
- Access control, security, observability, reliability, performance, and scalability of the Memora platform
- Participate in Engineering On-Call rotation and collaborate with Client Support team to investigate client support cases escalated to Engineering and to provide workarounds or hot fixes as needed
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand customer pain points and identify, prioritize, and implement maintainable solutions
- Promote product development best practices, supportability, and code quality, both through leading by example and through mentoring other software engineers
- Manage and pare back technical debts and escalate to Technical Lead and Engineering Manager as needed
- 3+ years experience in shipping, maintaining, and supporting enterprise-grade software products
- Expertise writing, and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with relational or NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with containerized app deployments
- Inclination toward test-driven development and test automation
- Experience with scrum methodology
- Excels in mentoring junior engineers
- B.S. in Computer Science or other quantitative fields or related work experience
- Understanding of DevOps practices and technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, CI / CD, test coverage and automation, branch and release management)
- Experience with security tooling in SDLC and Security by Design principles
- Experience with observability and APM tooling (Sumo Logic, Splunk, Sentry, New Relic, Datadog, etc.)
- Experience with an integration framework (Mirth Connect, Mule ESB, Apache Nifi, Boomi, etc..)
- Experience in health tech
- Experience working at a startup
What You Get:
- An opportunity to work on a rapidly scaling care delivery platform, engaging thousands of patients and care team members and growing 2-3x annually
- Enter a highly collaborative environment and work on the fun challenges of scaling a high-growth startup
- Work alongside world-class clinical, operational, and technical teams to build and scale Memora
- Shape how leading health systems and plans think about modernizing the care delivery experience for their patients and care teams
- Improve the way care is delivered for hundreds of thousands of patients
- Gain deep expertise about healthcare transformation and direct customer exposure with the country’s most innovative health systems and plans
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation with benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible work hours, paid maternity/paternity leave, bi-annual retreats, Macbook, and a 401(k) plan
Memora is committed to the principle of pay equity and regularly assesses compensation across our U.S. work locations resulting in a standard pay range, typically updated each year. The applicable base pay will depend on various factors such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties and responsibilities, and relevant experience and skills. Certain roles have the opportunity to participate in revenue- or utilization-based sales incentives, depending on the terms of the compensation plan and the employee's role.
Remote- U.S. Pay Range
About Memora Health:
Memora Health, the leading intelligent care enablement platform, helps clinicians focus on top-of-license practice while proactively engaging patients along complex care journeys. Memora partners with leading health systems, health plans, and digital health companies to transform the care delivery process for care teams and patients. Our platform digitizes and automates high-touch clinical workflows, supercharging care teams by intelligently triaging patient-reported concerns and data to appropriate care team members and providing patients with proactive, two-way communication and support. Memora Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with clients and team members across the country, and is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Transformation Capital, General Catalyst, AlleyCorp, Frist Cressey Ventures, Martin Ventures, Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman’s Thirty Five Ventures, Sachin Jain, and several other strategic healthcare groups.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Memora Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.