Medical Payment Poster
Kindbody is a leading fertility clinic network and global family-building benefits provider for employers offering the full-spectrum of reproductive care from preconception to postpartum through menopause. Kindbody is the trusted fertility benefits provider for 127 leading employers, covering more than 2.7 million lives. Many thousands more receive their fertility care directly from Kindbody throughout the country at signature clinics, mobile clinics, and partner clinics. As the fertility benefits provider, technology platform, and direct provider of care, Kindbody delivers a seamless, integrated experience with superior health outcomes at lower cost, making fertility care more affordable and accessible for all. Kindbody has raised $315 million in funding from leading investors.
Founded in 2018, CB Insights recognized Kindbody as one of the world’s promising health companies. Kindbody was named to Inc.’s Best In Business list of most admired companies, Forbes Best Startup Employers, Fast Company’s Brands that Matter, 2023 Linkedin Top 50 Startups list, and Fierce Healthcare named Kindbody to its Fierce 15 list of 2022, which recognizes the most promising healthcare companies in the industry world. Kindbody was named to the 2023 CNBC Disruptor 50 list for revolutionizing the way fertility care is delivered in the U.S.
About the Role
As an experienced Medical Payment Poster, you will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment where you will be relied on for your expertise, professionalism, and collaboration. We are looking for a dedicated professional to join our team to support our Revenue Cycle Management team.
This role will have a large emphasis on reading & understanding Insurance remittance advices, posting large volumes of payments on a daily basis, and research on payer websites in obtaining payment data.
Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm, completely remote.
- Accurately post payments, credits, or adjustments to patient’s accounts within 24 hrs.
- Read, comprehend, and articulate information shown on RA’s to be posted.
- Reviews all manual adjustments prior to posting for understanding of impact on patient’s account.
- Process all EFT’s on a daily basis.
- Researches all missing EFT’s.
- Reconciles missing deposits to bank statements on a daily basis.
- Maintain knowledge of company policies, audit patient ledgers, organize invoices and begin the collections process for patient accounts with past-due balances.
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues.
- Process insurance payments, including balance billing to secondary insurance and/or directly to patients.
- Properly note system and maintain all documentation required for compliant claim submission.
- Verify and post deposit amounts.
- Update patient accounts, including verification of insurance coverage and changes in patient information, with appropriate documentation.
- Meet positional metrics and benchmarks.
- Maintain the highest degree of ethics when handling patient payments and bill processing.
- Follow all department standard operating procedures carefully and accurately.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Who You Are
- Associate’s degree in business/Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of healthcare finance experience; (bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounting clerk, etc), or relevant experience.
- Expert in utilizing 10key, ability to multi task, and ability to process analytical data.
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Financial experience in a fast-paced, customer focused environment, Fertility clinic experience, a plus
- Experience reconciling insurance Explanation of Benefits and patient invoicing.
- A passion for women’s health, fertility is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills & a team player
- Willingness to be flexible, roll with the punches, multi-task and troubleshoot problems.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Exemplifies amazing customer service skills and professionalism.
Perks and Benefits
Pay range for this position: $23.00-$25.00 depending on years of experience.
Kindbody values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. We are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits to our full time employees, such as paid vacation and sick time; paid time off to vote; medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA + HSA options; Company-paid life insurance; Short Term + Long Term Disability options; Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks fully paid dependent on years of service); 401k plans; monthly guided meditation and two free cycles of IVF/IUI or egg freezing and free egg storage for as long as you are employed.
Additional benefits, such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training & development opportunities, social events and wellness programming are also available. We are constantly reevaluating our benefits to ensure they meet the needs of our employees.
In an effort to protect our employees and our patients, Kindbody strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. However, some states are requiring that all healthcare workers be fully vaccinated. Candidates seeking employment at Kindbody in the following states will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date of employment: California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey and Washington. All other states are exempt from this requirement. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine because of a qualifying legal reason, you may request an exception to this requirement from the Company.
Kindbody is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunity in all of our employment and hiring policies and practices and believe that a more diverse and inclusive workplace will benefit our patients, care partners, and Kindbody employees. We administer our employment and hiring policies and practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, military service, military or veteran status, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.