Impact Program Medical Director
One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
One Medical is looking for a Program Medical Director for Impact (One Medical’s national chronic disease management program) experienced in teaching, clinical coaching, and health tech design-centered thinking. In this role, you will serve as a clinical provider overseeing a team of Advanced Practitioners, supporting health coaches, leading virtual group visits and 1:1 care with a focus on chronic disease management (specifically cardiometabolic conditions). This role will lead, mentor, and support the team in delivering an augmented value based care delivery model, implementing best practices, and achieving evidence based clinical outcomes. Additionally, this role will require collaboration with essential teams and departments to ensure development and scaling of programs results in operational excellence. You will also serve as a subject matter expert, clinical liaison, and resource; supporting our certified health coaches and providers within the Impact Program, helping guide treatment protocols.
Your role will also support our Population Health initiatives as we continue to develop standard work for ongoing screenings and assessments for social determinants of health, as it pertains to chronic disease management. You’ll also provide a clinical lens to our tech teams for deployment and clinical oversight of remote patient monitoring devices (such as retinal cameras and fibroscans).
As the subject matter expert in chronic disease outcomes, you will monitor clinical patient data, translating and effectively communicating outcomes to both clinical and non-clinical teams. By identifying care delivery inefficiencies and areas of opportunity, you will further refine clinical protocols as necessary. You will think holistically, promote team building, provide health education and patient encouragement, while also employing motivational coaching.
What you’ll work on:
- Treating patients via tele-health visits in 1:1 and group settings, including video visit appointments, and email follow-ups
- Impact Program projects and curriculum development relating to Chronic Disease Management
- Collaborate with our health system partner networks to improve quality measures and help close care gaps
- Development of standard work for ongoing chronic disease management screenings for social determinants of health
- Deployment and clinical oversight of remote patient monitoring devices, including testing for future integration
- Participate in Design Thinking / Innovation Based processes within the Impact Program
What you’ll need:
- Completion of an accredited Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program with a national certification; or Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics (with completion of an accredited Family Medicine or Medicine/Pediatrics residency program)
- State licensed in California, New York OR Washington DC obtained by your One Medical start date; compact license preferred
- In the last 10 years, practiced as an Advanced Practice Provider or Physician, with at least 5 of those years seeing all ages (0+ )in an outpatient primary care setting; plus
- 3+ years of practice focused on chronic disease management
- Willingness to work 40 hours per week, including 80% remote patient care and 20% administrative time, initially
- 3+ years experience leading integrated and progressive health care quality improvement programs related to Population Health data
- PMP certification beneficial, however not required
- Demonstrated experience with the development, deployment, and ongoing evaluation of clinical curriculum related to Lifestyle Medicine, Obesity, or Cardiometabolic conditions, dispersed to stakeholders across a large matrixed clinical organization
- Board certification in Advanced Diabetes management (BC-ADM) or Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) obtained prior to, or during your employment with One Medical
Physical Space Requirements:
- HIPAA compliant area within home that is secure, quiet and isolated from others to protect PHI
One Medical providers also demonstrate:
- A passion for human-centered primary care
- The ability to successfully communicate with and provide care to individuals of all backgrounds
- The ability to effectively use technology to deliver high quality care
- Clinical proficiency in evidence-based primary care
- The desire to be an integral part of a team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- An openness to feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to confidently navigate uncertain situations with both patients and colleagues
- Readiness to adapt personal and interpersonal behavior to meet the needs of our patients
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%.
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
- Rounds - Providers end patient care one hour early each week to participate in this shared learning experience
This is a full-time virtual role that requires a CA or NY or DC state license.
One Medical is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The base salary range for this role is $119,000 to $220,000 per year. Total compensation packages may be based on factors unique to particular candidates, such skill sets, depth of experience, and work location. The total compensation package for this position may also include annual performance bonus, RSUs, and/or benefits. For more information, visit https://www.onemedical.com/careers
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.