Life Sciences Partner
Initiate Studios partners with exceptional entrepreneurs to create companies at the
intersection of technology, life sciences and healthcare. We work hand in hand with entrepreneurs to identify areas of opportunity; develop business models to validate product-market fit; source and license intellectual property; design and build MVPs; and raise follow-on capital for the companies we create.
About the Opportunity:
Initiate is looking for a Life Sciences Partner to lead all aspects of new company creation. You are passionate about the convergence of technology and biology to drive breakthroughs and advance biomedical science. In this position, you will leverage your experience as a founder to create market defining companies by leading all aspects of company creation: from ideation through launch to seed stage financing. You earn trust quickly because you are accountable, transparent and constructive. You are an ambitious builder who gets things done quickly, produces high quality work, and enjoys being part of a team.
In this role you will:
● Build and launch new companies in the fields of biopharma tech & services, life sciences tools and/or diagnostics
● Identify and recruit co-founders and management teams to set company vision and define overall strategy from launch through scale
● Create initial operating plan and lead key work streams from newco inception to Seed financing
● Partner with leadership teams to fundraise institutional capital for newcos
● 10+ years experience
● Previous founder of a life sciences company
● Broad experience across several life sciences business models such as biopharma tech & services, life sciences tools and/or diagnostics
● Keen eye for identifying new areas of innovation that map to large commercial opportunities
● Drive and perseverance to build ideas into market-defining companies
● Deep network of ecosystem stakeholders - including investors, operators and industry experts -
across pharma, payor, academic and scientific verticals
● PhD or equivalent (job experience) in life sciences, computer science or adjacent discipline
● Prior experience having served on a start-up board
● Track-record of successful fundraising for start-ups
● Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to develop effective business relationships
● Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort with ambiguity
● Trustworthiness, integrity and unquestionable ethics
We believe that the unique contributions of all Initiate Studios employees are the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status.