Clinical Integrity Specialist
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 20,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022 and 2023.
Clinical Integrity Specialist
As a Specialist on the Clinical Strategy & Integrity Team, you will play an active role in our ability to sustain excellent clinical quality and contract compliance through our next phase of hyper growth as we support in-network mental healthcare. You will serve as a subject matter expert on both the Alma product and Alma Integrity Standards, our conduct and fraud monitoring program. In this role, you will handle escalations, provide workflow support, and build business processes.
The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, is an excellent communicator and project manager, as well as passionate about improving access to quality mental healthcare.
What you’ll do:
- Lead complex customer interactions and serve as a liaison between Alma providers and all Alma teams that encounter cases of fraud and misconduct by preparing escalation documents and executing various cross-functional workflows.
- Assist the Clinical Strategy & Integrity Team more broadly, in terms of provider education around Alma policies, procedures and tools, clients’ continuity of care, etc.
- Be a subject matter expert on all Alma’s products, services, and the broader organization to ensure compliance in the areas of credentialing, clinical decision-making, billing, membership and client experience.
- Surface trends and insights from the escalations you manage to ultimately bolster and sustain clinical quality throughout the organization and identify opportunities for improvement in operations and strategic initiatives.
- Maintain open communication channels with payers, specifically payer-affiliated care coordinators and risk managers.
- Keep the Clinical Strategy & Integrity team informed of more serious escalations by owning process documentation and keeping all documents up to date.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners on projects, processes, and launches (e.g. expansion, product features) that have implications for Alma Integrity Standards.
- Manage and improve our internal systems (e.g. Zendesk, Asana) and collaborate cross-functionally to improve how we work across teams.
Who you are:
- You have 2-3 years working in a customer experience, operations, strategy, or compliance-related role.
- You are comfortable working with computer systems including Google Suite; experience with CRM and PM project management tools like Zendesk and Asana a huge plus.
- You are able to break down complex and escalated communications into clear next steps for both cross-functional partners, providers, and internal stakeholders.
- You are a creative thinker and problem solver— you’re constantly exploring how to make something even better or work through issues that require on-the-fly prioritization.
- You are a highly organized team player and have a customer-centric attitude.
- You have a demonstrated ability to handle change and communications around sensitive issues with composure.
- You have cultural humility, can build relationships across differences, and have excellent interpersonal communication skills. You can work with stakeholders across levels.
- You consistently use your strong attention to detail to routinely identify trends, pull insights, and provide clear constructive feedback.
- You are passionate about our mission and making mental healthcare more accessible.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA and HSA plans
- 401K plan (Roth and traditional)
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend
- Financial wellness benefits through Northstar
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- EAP access through Cigna
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 11 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $60,000-$100,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.