Senior Operations Manager
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Senior Operations Manager
We are looking for a mission-driven, hard-working team member who is passionate about making mental health more affordable and is excited to work on one of Alma’s fastest-growing initiatives. You will partner closely with Operations and cross-functional leadership to design and manage day-to-day operations for one of Alma’s primary revenue drivers, the Insurance Program, while supporting a large, growing team through process change and scale. You will interact regularly with cross-functional teams, including Product Engineering, Customer Success, Product Marketing, and People and Culture.
The ideal candidate has a bias towards action, a strong sense of ownership, thrives in ambiguous situations, and enjoys the challenge of establishing processes in uncharted territories. This Senior Operations Manager will have the unique opportunity to manage one of Alma’s largest teams, prioritizing a winning team culture and supporting our providers with a best-in-class experience. This candidate excels at keeping their team motivated to drive results with existing resources while being able to verbalize the support needed to make our workflows scalable, and champions change management to drive adoption.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and manage the claims side of the revenue cycle team including up to 4 direct reports and a subsequent team of 80+ remote employees, unblocking the team in day-to-day escalations
- Collaborate with the Operations leadership to identify operational bottlenecks and trends, using data and analytics to prioritize work, design process changes, and optimize existing workflows for continued hypergrowth
- Partner with Product to design Alma’s workflows and technology roadmap, setting operations up for success at scale and streamlining the insurance process for members and their clients
- Serve as the main point of contact to claims partners on external payer teams in order to resolve escalations, coordinating closely with the Payer Strategy team on an aligned relationship management strategy
- Report to and collaborate with the Director of Operations to execute growth plans, and identify the impact and efficiency of process optimizations while uncovering creative ways to improve the team’s performance
- Analyze daily, weekly, and monthly program data and report key metrics to the team
Who you are:
- 5-6 years work experience in an Operations role - ideally in the start up, healthcare implementation, or healthcare consulting space (prior experience in healthcare is a plus)
- Relentlessly organized with meticulous attention to detail and exceptional project management skills
- Proven experience managing large multi-level teams, including developing strong leaders underneath you
- Highly resourceful and efficient at operational process design, improvements, and execution
- Team player who can roll up their sleeves to support the team creatively while balancing the management of other projects through ruthless prioritization
- Exceptional communication skills that can flex to translate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Passionate about mental health, our mission at Alma, and DE&I
- Comfortable working US Eastern time zone
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Band: $125,000 - $155,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.