Data Platform Engineering Lead
Crescendo Health (https://www.crescendo.health/) is a new, venture-backed startup with a seasoned founding team. We work with clinical trials to accelerate medical innovation and fight disease.
The time has come to build a new generation of clinical trials that make use of real world health data. This will enable faster and more informed development of new treatments for those in need, and help ensure that clinical trial evidence reflects the diversity of our population.
Our experienced team includes deep healthcare and startup experience from Datavant, Grand Rounds, Opower, Color, Square, Stripe, Castlight, and the Stanford Center for Population Health; and advisors such as the former top official at the Department of Health and Human Services responsible for health data standards. We recently raised substantial seed funding from top-tier investors.
Our data platform is at the core of Crescendo Health. Work on an impactful product with a motivated and focused engineering team and help design and build our core data infrastructure and platform. We’re big on open communication, resolving recurring issues quickly, and building quickly & iteratively but with sustainable infrastructure in mind. We’re looking for people who are motivated to help build a great organization and culture.
We are a remote-first engineering team with an office in Oakland, CA for those who are interested. We work asynchronously where possible, have regular team check-ins, and don’t hesitate to get on a call to collaborate or discuss details when it’s helpful. You can expect regular game nights and other group activities, and we get together in person once per quarter for team collaboration.
We’re looking for people who:
- Care about the people our products support, and are motivated by the opportunity to improve patient outcomes by increasing the pace of medical innovation
- Will help guide our data engineering tech stack and technical architecture
- Will lead and contribute to a wide range of projects such as building data pipelines that support ingesting data at scale from many sources and surfacing appropriate data to different applications and user
- Have at least 5 years data engineering experience (we’re hiring for a range of experience, responsibilities will scale with experience)
- Understand business context and focus on solving the right problems
- Can help us assess the feasibility of new initiatives, identify the resources we need to build successfully, and help hire great teammates
- Are kind and curious
- Will help us build our engineering culture and processes
- You have experience building data platforms from the ground up - at an early stage startup or greenfield projects within a larger company
- You bring experience working with health data or in the health industry
- You have experience working in high security industries such as finance or healthcare
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans without high deductibles (we care about healthcare!)
- Generous PTO and parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k plan
- Trusting, flexible work arrangements
If this sounds like a good fit, we’re eager to hear from you!