Chief of Staff to CEO
About the company
At Covera, we're committed to ensuring high-quality healthcare is more than just a promise. That's why we're leading the way in the emerging science of quality, and connecting providers and payers in their shared quest to improve patient outcomes and care quality. By tackling this challenge, we have the ability to impact millions of lives by raising the standard of care nationwide.
Our initial focus is radiology, where an early and accurate diagnosis has a profound impact on the rest of a patient's care journey. Through our work, which uses clinically-validated science-based tools, we're helping doctors enhance their care, ensuring patients get the right diagnosis, and enabling the healthcare system to support quality improvement at scale.
Through our clinical intelligence platform, we have launched programs that help people access the most effective care and provide doctors with AI-powered quality insights and tools to enhance their care. Today, Covera is partnered with leading employers, payers and healthcare organizations across the US, including Walmart and Microsoft. And, with a pipeline representing over 25% of insured Americans, we are in the early stages of improving care quality for all patients across the globe.
In November 2023, Covera secured up to $50 million in a Series C extension led by Insight Partners. This capital fuels our mission to partner with healthcare providers, payers and employers to improve diagnostic care for patients everywhere.
About the role
The Chief of Staff to the CEO is a linchpin role within our organization, designed to magnify the CEO's effectiveness in driving strategic priorities. This role is tailor-made for an individual who is not only intellectually astute and adept at problem-solving but also profoundly organized and grounded, with a strong belief that no task is too small in the pursuit of excellence. Your ability to navigate complex challenges, streamline operations, and tackle tasks of all magnitudes with equal diligence will be instrumental in our collective success.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Strategic Execution: Act as a force multiplier for the CEO, facilitating the seamless execution of strategic initiatives and ensuring alignment with the company's overarching goals.
- Versatile Support: Provide comprehensive support to the CEO, ranging from managing high-level projects to handling essential but routine administrative tasks, embodying a 'no task is too small' ethos.
- Problem-Solving: Employ exceptional problem-solving skills to navigate complex challenges, turning obstacles into opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Organizational Mastery: Utilize superior organizational skills to manage a diverse workload, ensuring that both big-picture projects and minute details are executed flawlessly.
- Collaborative Engagement: Facilitate effective collaboration across the organization, ensuring smooth communication and the successful execution of cross-functional projects.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degrees or certifications in relevant fields are beneficial.
- A minimum of 5 years in roles that have honed your project management, strategic thinking, and operational skills, with a preference for experience in dynamic, high-growth environments.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems with innovative solutions, backed by analytical rigor.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills, capable of managing a broad array of tasks with meticulous attention to detail.
- A profound sense of humility and a team-first attitude, with a willingness to engage in a wide range of tasks as part of the journey toward achieving our mission.
- Excellent communication capabilities, adept at creating compelling presentations and distilling complex information into clear, actionable insights.
- Approach every aspect of the role with a low-ego, proactive attitude, willing to roll up your sleeves and engage in tasks across the spectrum of importance and visibility.
You will be a full-time employee with a competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, HRA, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with various quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a talented, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better! Even while remote, you'll experience the Covera culture as we offer a host of virtual experiences including a book club, fitness club, guest speakers, dynamic Slack channels, and more!
The minimum and maximum salary for this position ranges from $155,000-$210,000. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including: level, relevant prior experience, skills, and expertise.
At Covera Health, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our technology. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Covera Health is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.