Strategic Technology Partner - Product Enablement
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
- As the Product Enablement Strategic Technology Partner, you will work with teams throughout the organization. You will identify and realize opportunities to leverage technology and business processes with a specific focus on enabling clinical and practice operations teams to execute against our ambitious organizational goals. You’ll work in close collaboration with the Clinical Informatics and Practice Operations teams to support the use of technology to scale our business, operations, and care model. You will play a pivotal role in making connections across the organization to inform and design business processes and tools to support a best-in-class experience for providers, operational staff and care teams as they engage with our technology suite. You will also have the opportunity to execute on these systems and own ongoing performance improvement on mission-critical metrics.
- Success in this role will require excellent organizational and planning skills, ability to think strategically and execute efficiently, empathy, the ability to build and maintain strong relationships across the company, and a dynamic communication style. Your primary initial collaborators will be the Practice Operations and Clinical Informatics teams, as well as clinically-focused product teams. Your stakeholders and clients will be myriad, including Product and Engineering, Clinical Leadership, Revenue Cycle Management, Market Operations, Practice Operations, and others.
- The ideal candidate learns quickly, takes initiative, and can work collaboratively. If you draw insights from data, like solving hard problems, have experience serving on teams to support high-impact projects and initiatives, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
Requirements for the Role:
- 3 years of professional experience as an operator in a healthcare start-up or delivery organization, or in healthcare consulting - OR - the equivalent combination of graduate education and professional experience.
- Experience in a system support capacity for an electronic health record and other clinical applications. Experience with athenaOne, in particular, is desirable but not required.
- Very organized and detail oriented with a process-oriented mindset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment. Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships across departments, understanding the need to bring in key team members at the appropriate time.
- Experience building/collaborating on operational and clinical workflows and/or healthcare process improvement.
- Interest and comfort working within a fast-moving, ambiguous, ever-evolving startup environment.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $95,472 to $106,080. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.