Back to Career Site
Our mission is to make healthcare right. Together. We are a value-driven healthcare company committed to providing personalized care to aging and underserved populations. We do this by aligning stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem. Together, we can improve consumer experience, optimize clinical outcomes, and reduce total cost of care.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
An X-Ray Technician is a medical professional responsible for using imaging machines and tools to create a map of a patient’s internal tissues and organ systems to assess their overall health. Their duties include explaining procedures to patients, calibrating imaging equipment and preparing results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow instructions from Physicians regarding which area of the patient’s body needs imaging
- Talk the patient through the procedure and answer questions to lower their anxiety
- Correctly position the patient, adjust the imaging equipment to the specified position
- Prevent unnecessary radiation exposure both to themselves and to the patient
- Follow correct techniques and procedures such as patient shielding
- Keep good patient records
- Maintain radiology supplies inventory by checking stock, anticipating future needs and placing orders
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Associate degree required, bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have current Radiologic Technologist license and be registered with the America Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART)
- Must have a current BLS for healthcare provider or CPR/AED certification
- A minimum of one year experience as an X-Ray Technician in a medical setting, preferably in a hospital, urgent care or diagnostics center
- Excellent customer service skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Ability to communicate at all levels with patient population
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Knowledge of all regulations as it relates imaging terminology, safety and required guidelines to ensure the safety and well being of patient.
Schedule - Monday to Friday
We offer comprehensive benefits that include medical/dental/vision coverage, an HSA, an Employee Assistance Program, and Paid Time Off along with 7 annual company holidays.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.