Head of Revenue Cycle Management
Who We Are
Amae Health is creating the standard of care for people with severe mental illness. We’re on a mission to deliver radically different care for the 14 million Americans suffering with a severe mental illness (SMI). Amae Health is a verticalized specialty care provider for patients with SMI, treating their psychiatric and physical conditions through in-person care delivery with wrap-around services. Our approach recognizes the unique needs of our patients, and provides personalized treatment across the physical, mental and social service resources required to holistically improve patients’ lives. We believe that only by treating the whole person can you obtain lasting health outcomes.
Amae Health is seeking a Head of Revenue Cycle Management. This is a remote role.
About the Job
Amae Health is seeking a dynamic and experienced Head of Revenue Cycle Management to architect and lead our revenue cycle operations. In this vital role, you will be responsible for creating, implementing, and refining the processes necessary to optimize revenue cycle management from the ground up. Your mission will be to ensure the smooth and efficient management of billing, compliance, and reimbursement processes while overseeing a team dedicated to excellence in healthcare revenue management. Your leadership will be instrumental in forging strong internal and external relationships, driving strategic financial decisions, and maintaining compliance with healthcare regulations. We are looking for a proactive, detail-oriented leader who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment, possesses strong analytical and communication skills, and has a proven track record in healthcare revenue cycle management. Your role will not only involve managing day-to-day operations but also shaping the future of our revenue cycle strategies to support Amae Health’s growth and success.
- Design and implement RCM systems, policies, and procedures from the ground up, tailoring them to our unique startup environment.
- Lead and nurture a growing team, focusing on achieving strategic goals and fostering a culture of excellence and collaboration.
- Develop and oversee operational workflows and processes, enhancing efficiency, and productivity through innovative solutions.
- Review and understand payer contracts to understand payer requirements and advised on practices to maximize contract value
- Implement and monitor RCM best practices, track key performance indicators (KPIs), and devise strategies for operational excellence.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations, maintaining a secure and ethical work environment.
- Recruit, train, and mentor team members, establishing performance benchmarks and fostering professional development.
- Direct all aspects of the revenue cycle, including billing, claims submission, collections, and client billing processes, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Collaborate with internal teams to refine RCM-related workflows and tools, ensuring clear communication and effective integration.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and evaluate third-party tools for enhancing RCM operations.
- Regularly analyze and report on RCM performance metrics, guiding strategic decisions to optimize financial outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Management, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years in healthcare provider revenue cycle management, with a preference for behavioral health and telemedicine expertise.
- Strong analytical skills for data interpretation and excellent communication abilities for diverse organizational levels.
- Proven experience in building and leading teams, including hiring and performance management.
- Deep understanding of professional fee billing, reimbursement, third-party payer regulations, and medical terminology.
- Ability to read and understand complex payer contracts and to effectively work with care teams to optimize revenue capture for services delivered
- Proficiency in Google Suite, advanced Excel/Google Sheets, and familiarity with multiple Practice Systems (e.g., Open PM, Theranest, Athena).
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment with a knack for creative problem-solving and adaptability.
- Knowledge of the insurance landscape, especially mental health billing, and compliance requirements in healthcare.
What We Provide
- A best in class work environment with some of the leading mental health professionals in the field! Our program is led by UCLA professors & VA clinicians who have designed this program with the mission of helping individuals with these complex SMI conditions unlock lasting recovery.
- A unique holistic care model that encourages collaboration amongst staff and successfully provides care for SMI patients.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
More About Amae
'Amae', pronounced ‘Ah-mai’, is a Japanese concept meaning the need to be in good favor with, and the ability to depend on, the people around oneself. It reflects our core belief that a strong support system is essential to build people up, strengthen their will to carry on and even to thrive in life. This mentality applies across our whole company – from the patients we serve to the team we’re building.
We’re a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) that provides outpatient psychiatric and primary care health services through value-based care arrangements. Our model’s success is predicated upon achieving outcomes for our patients, not on the volume of services provided.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status.