Behavioral Health Program Director (BHPD)
Lexington, VA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Location: Rockbridge Area Health Center
Position: Behavioral Health Program Director (BHPD)
The Rockbridge Area Health Center (RAHC) seeks a Behavioral Health Program Director (BHPD). The BHPD provides leadership in developing a strong behavioral health program and supports the integrated primary and behavioral health care team to ensure the clinical excellence and operational performance of behavioral health services.
The BHPD provides infrastructure, systems, tools, and leadership capacity to drive meaningful change and integration of services, employing best practices in measurement and performance improvement, and is comfortable utilizing data to drive improvement. This person acts as consultant to the Chief Executive Officer, Medical Director, Dental Director, and other Executive Leadership regarding behavioral health programs and works with other key staff in areas of quality improvement, strategic goals, grants management, and other areas as indicated.
About RAHC: RAHC is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) located in the beautiful Central Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Our mission is to promote and provide access to comprehensive, high-quality, and affordable healthcare to improve the health and well-being of the greater community.
We provide high quality and affordable healthcare to the whole community. People love our services because we put the patient first. We’ve been recognized as Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Level 3 – the highest level of recognition. We are also among the top 20% of all Health Services Resources Administration (HRSA) supported health centers.
Our team enjoys great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 6 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, generous paid time off that starts to accrue on your first day, a 403(b)-retirement option, CME leave and allowance, and paid malpractice insurance. This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus. All Rockbridge Area Health Center sites are National Health Service Corp (NHSC) sites.
- Responsible for selection, assessment, evaluation, development, coaching, counseling of Behavioral Health employees to ensure quality patient care in accordance with RAHC’s mission, vision and values;
- Provide direct patient care.
- Provide day-to-day leadership within the organization, including advice, guidance, direction and authorization to achieve the clinical and financial goals and objectives of the organization;
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operations of the Services, including, but not limited to, measures and effectiveness of achieving operational performance as defined in the strategic plan.
- Motivate, lead, and mentor a high-performance team; attract and recruit and retain required staff with strong emphasis on employee engagement;
- Cultivate positive relationships with and maintain an environment of collaboration/integration at all levels of the organization, including the Medical Staff and the health center’s executive team; participate in facility wide activities related to Behavioral Health;
- Responsible for establishing and implementing a safe working environment that meets all licensure, regulatory, and accreditation requirements
- Professional License (LPC, LCSW, PsyD) within the Commonwealth of Virginia is required
- 3+ years of experience in a direct management role required.
- 5+ years of experience in community-based mental health services (or equivalent) required.
- Supervisory/managerial experience in the mental health field, 3 years preferred.
- Cannot be sanctioned under Medicaid or Medicare.
- Must meet RAHC credentialing and privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification with hands on practicum required.
If interested, please submit a cover letter/letter of interest and resume to https://rockahc.bamboohr.com/careers/68?source=aWQ9MzA%3D. Visit rockahc.org to learn more about Rockbridge Area Health Center. Questions may be referred to Human Resources by calling (540) 464-8700. EOE.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.