Director, Product Management, Practice Health (Remote)
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
The Director, Product Management will partner with internal teams and operational leaders to design and build an infrastructure that will support day-to-day operations of the company as a means to meet client needs and drive customer value. In this role, they will help figure out how to best combine people, processes and technology to strengthen Aledade’s effectiveness as the company grows in size and complexity. They will lead discovery and execution of functional solutions through a strong collaboration with internal teams.
The Director, Product Management will be required to balance competing needs of multiple teams and stakeholders while keeping focused on our broader mission to empower independent primary care providers with leading technologies and data-driven insights.
We are flexible with respect to geographic location, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely/work from home within the U.S. or from our headquarters office in Bethesda, MD.
More on the position:
Aledade Plus (A+) delivers full stack, tech enabled services for Aledade's independent practice customers. As Director of the A+ Practice Health Product, you will own technology development across multiple workstreams to enable outsourced revenue cycle services for A+ customers. You will work closely with A+ revenue cycle operational team, delivery teams, vendors, and customers on the development and implementation of advanced business intelligence and analytical benchmarking tools, data architecture, and operational systems related to Revenue Cycle. Your mission will be to improve the financial performance of primary care offices, improve their operating margins, and optimize revenue to facilitate stable transition from fee-for-service payment to value-based payment over time.
Understand the Problem Space:
- Work with business teams to understand key cross-functional operational workflows, perform current state assessments, and identify gaps to address.
Drive Strategy and Propose Cross-functional Solutions:
- Distill product strategies into actionable concepts, timelines, and projects, taking ownership to maintain continuous alignment with broader business objectives and goals
- Align vision with functional leads and executive leadership to gain buy-in and commitment.
- Build and maintain a product roadmap that develops short- and long-term roadmaps that deliver maximum value with minimum risk and assume ongoing iteration. Lead product forums with senior leaders in Product and Operations to gain buy-in, align plans, and make trade-off decisions between competing priorities.
- In collaboration with business stakeholders and technology partners, devise strategies to de-risk key workflows.
Manage and Execute:
- Work with functional leaders from multiple operational teams to plan and execute rollout of new workflows to users. Assist business leaders with documentation, training, and other support to manage changes.
- Partner with engineering leaders on the data teams to drive changes to our data infrastructure to support operational workflows.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders, product leads, and executive leadership. Lead regular Steering Committee meetings to keep the organization apprised of strategy, efforts, and progress against goals.
- 12+ years of experience in product management or process innovation roles
- 6+ years of related leadership experience
Preferred knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Demonstrated track record of effectively using data and analysis to support business strategy/decisions
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams through the product development lifecycle
- Experience leading product development and/or implementation of revenue cycle management operational systems (RCM), workflow automation, third party integration, EDI X12 data exchange and related infrastructure, and business intelligence products
- Deep understanding of revenue cycle workflow, operations, and business metrics
- Ability to create and structure a product roadmap for internal tools, systems, and processes
- Ability to make well-informed decisions about strategy, priorities, and roadmap investments and you’ll lead and motivate teams to deliver on the vision you’ve created
- Ability to manage strategic vendor relationships
- Experience building and advocating for business strategies to solve complex, enterprise wide problems
- Experience of championing a point-of-view and gaining alignment across senior-level stakeholders
- Experience working with data, either in building reports, constructing SQL queries, doing data analysis, or working with technical teams to build or maintain a data infrastructure
- Strong analytical skills, with a proven ability to set and drive quantitative goals
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time. Extensive use of computers and keyboard. Occasional walking and lifting may be required.
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.