Howell, MI, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Location: Kathleen Knapp DO PC
Position: Medical Biller
We are growing primary care office looking to bring in a part-time medical biller. We are a local, privately owned primary care practice in Howell, MI. We focus on providing high-quality, value-based care. We are looking for someone to join our exceptional and caring staff.
Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, self-motivated and interpersonal skills required. Must be comfortable working as a team as well as independently. Analytical and critical thinking skills required. Open office setting with a collaborative team and positive office culture. Work/Life Balance Friendly Office Hours M-F, 8am - 5pm, no weekends.
Medical Billing Certificate Required.
- Analyze medical record for correct diagnostic, procedural and all data abstraction items.
- Review, prepare and submit all types of claims (paper or electronic) in a timely manner.
- Accurately enter insurance and patient payments.
- Research and respond to billing issues (missing, denied or rejected claims) from insurance companies.
- Answer billing questions from patients.
- Clerical duties (answering phones, scheduling patients)
Experience to include:
- Diagnosis/CPT Coding
- Implementation/Billing of multiple provider types under the same Tax ID/NPI
- Medicare billing and commercial insurance billing
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.