Learning Experience Design Specialist (Internal-facing), Remote
Baltimore, MD, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Aledade is actively recruiting an Learning Experience Designer who will drive our strategy and content delivery efforts to support learning for the Provider Networks department. The PN L&D team’s vision is to reinvent workplace learning by building the programs, products, technologies and mechanisms that make teaching and learning fast, effective and scalable for our employees. We use a competency-based, embedded assessment approach to our learning designs that are grounded in learning science principles.
We are a team with a passion for raising the bar on learning and learning design. We partner with business owners across Aledade to explore ways to innovate and scale learning to help employees grow their knowledge and capabilities. We are looking for someone with a passion for learning and experience applying knowledge of learning science, design, instructional technologies, and data analytics to improve learning environments at scale. The person in this role will continuously improve learning programs using an array of creative approaches that drive efficiencies, productivity, innovation, and operational excellence.
We are flexible with respect to geographic location, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely/working from home within the US or from our headquarters office in Bethesda, MD.
The Learning Experience Designer will be expected to:
Design and Build Effective Learning Experiences:
- Pursue a deep understanding of department roles to create a learning process centered around our learners and their individual learning needs or goals in a human centered and goal oriented way
- Continually capture learners’ interest with innovative and effective design that helps to motivate meaningful behavior change through compelling adaptive learning solutions and experiences
- Collaborate with product leads, subject matter experts, and a wide variety of stakeholders, to identify learning outcomes, create learning content, and design courses and curriculum for various learning environments
- Develop online learning activities that align with desired learning outcomes, apply research-based learning principles, and inform learner progress and success in online learning environments
- Design and build transformative eLearning experiences that work in concert with other modalities (e.g., instructor-led training, virtual instructor-led training, and microlearning reinforcement) to drive behavior change
- Develop contemporary, high-impact, and innovative learning products, such as eLearning, animated videos, demos, simulations, and digital tools and resources
- Use your creativity, consultative, problem solving, instructional design, and project management skills to provide clear and easy-to-understand learning solutions for our learners
- Partner creatively with a variety of team members, offering and receiving constructive feedback to ensure quality at every step in the development process
- Develop new and maintain existing training curricula, including adding and archiving content and resources in the learning management system
- Develop and own end-to-end processes for traditional and rapid course development, content review, and knowledge management
Update and Maintain Quality of Learning Products:
- Systematically review and update materials for accuracy, clarity, consistency, and instructional soundness - while continually looking for ways to improve them
- Assist with creating and reviewing surveys from participants to adjust and enhance training
- Monitor and evaluate the utilization of resources and effectiveness of training using a variety of metrics available
- Create decision tree for urgent, important, and non-urgent prioritization of content updates
Support, Maintain, and Utilize Learning Platforms:
- Support our learning platforms and intranet portals, including page design and maintenance; resource uploads and management; user accounts/access, and support
- Collaborate with platform administrators on the features and functions needed to deliver innovative learning activities
- Maintain knowledge base, ensuring all links are operational and content is accurate and up-to-date on all relevant platforms
- Integrate the utilization of learning platforms in learning experience design strategies
- Recommend opportunities to leverage existing platforms differently and research new technology that enhances learning
To be successful in this role, the Learning Experience Designer will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong working knowledge of principles and methods for learning experience design and development
- Previous experience working with an LMS and LXP is required. Experience with Saba is a plus
- Proficiency in course authoring tools, HTML coding, and content creation for platforms such as YouTube
- Experience in creating learning and development content and approaches for adults utilizing a variety of training methods and tools (e.g., field and forum, in-person and remote sessions, coaching, and self-guided learning)
- Experience developing interactive course material using Articulate 360, Vyond, or similar software, and delivering content via Learning Management System and Learning Experience Platform
- Relevant competencies include content curation, program curriculum development, analytical problem solving, strategic development and insights, project management, needs assessments, and gap analysis
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in learning science, learning design, and learning analytics through continuous research to ensure our solutions deliver innovation
- Must be results-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, curate content, and work with multiple SMEs, while consistently meeting deadlines and client expectations
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining focus on achieving key goals
- Must be able to work independently, leading end-to-end projects, and taking ownership of required processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage at all levels of the organization
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Previous experience in healthcare is a plus, but not required
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.