Director of Security, (Permanent Remote in US)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
As a Director of Security, you will lead efforts that are focused on protecting patients, our employees, and Aledade as a whole. Our technology saves lives and improves the mental and physical health for millions of people. At Aledade, we empower primary care physicians with technology to keep their patients healthy, preventing unnecessary hospitalizations.
In this role, you will lead by example of being a highly technical leader who delivers high business impact on multiple projects of increasing dependencies and ambiguity.
- Impact: Balance short and long-term business impact by developing strategies to manage risks.
- People: Develop outstanding teams using a combination of world-class-hiring and direct-timely-actionable feedback to develop security talent.
- Execution: Set aggressive yet clear goals and remove all roadblocks for the team to achieve them.
- Collaboration: Develop strong relationships and work cross-functionally with many partners across organizations and functions, and as a result, increase the impact of the team’s work.
- Company: Work closely with company-wide leaders to drive excellence in our processes and systems that protect patients, our employees, and Aledade as a whole.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in designing, building, or operating data protection services
- 7+ years of building and leading highly complex, technical security teams
- Developing and delivering a multi-year vision and strategy with incremental quarterly deliverables with cross-functional efforts that span multiple teams
- Demonstrated proficiency in attracting, hiring, and coaching world-class engineers and managers
- Demonstrated experience in taking ownership of the technology decisions, while delegating and empowering team members.
- Working knowledge of health-tech systems, like Electronic Health Records, Clinical data, etc.
Perferred Data Security Experience:
- Experience securing an ML, SaaS, or data-focused platform
- Experienced in data governance, data engineering, and associated technologies
- Experience with cloud native application development and security models, particularly in AWS and Azure
- Experience with data protection and governance technologies, e.g., Data Discovery, Data Inventory/Catalogs, Certificate and Key Management, Database Encryption, and Database Activity Monitoring
- Experience or familiarity with emerging data protection technologies, e.g., Data Security Posture Management, Data Security Platforms, Synthetic Data, and advanced Data Encryption methods
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.