Senior Software Engineer II - Full Stack, EHR Integrations (Permanent Remote, US)
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
As a Senior Software Engineer II - Full Stack, EHR Integrations, you will be the owner of taking Aledade’s world class point of care insights (Dx suggestions, analytics, care suggestions) one step closer to the EHR’s that our partner practices use for patient management! You will be building cutting-edge full stack applications, built on top of constructs like interoperability standards (FHIR, HL7), chromium project overlay apps compatible with browser based EHR systems, as well as Windows desktop based EHR systems. Point of Care full stack application initiative is one of the most consequential investments coming out of Aledade in 2024.
Here at Aledade, we're not just engineering software; we're engineering the future of healthcare. We’re on a mission to revolutionize healthcare delivery with cutting-edge technology. As part of the technology team at Aledade, you'll dive into the thrilling world of healthcare technology. You'll be part of a dynamic team that pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. Your mission? To develop software that's not just code, but a catalyst for positive change in healthcare.
- BS/BTech (or higher) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, 8 years experience without degree
- 6+ years experience as an engineer building full-stack web applications as part of a cross-functional team
- 4+ years of experience working with SQL or other database querying language on large multi-table data sets
- 4+ years of experience acting as a trusted technical decision-maker in a team setting, solving for short-term and long-term business value
- 4+ years of experience coaching other engineers
- Experience building integration apps with health-tech systems, like Electronic Health Records (EHRs/EMRs).
- Expertise in at least 1 server-side web technology (eg: Nodejs, Java, Python, Scala, C#, C++,Go, JVM). Python preferred.
- Experience with any web framework (Django, FastAPI, Flask etc)
- Deep understanding of the DOM and how the browser works
- Experience in building pluggable UIs (overlays) via chrome plugins / chromium apps in browsers / windows desktop.
- Experience in RDBMS & NoSQL database such as Postgres, Databricks, Snowflake, etc., (any OLAP database is good to have)
- Experience with API design and development
- Experience with cloud based technologies such as AWS, Azure or google cloud
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment(CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience with security and systems that handle sensitive data
- Experience with seamless integration of front-end to back-end functionality.
- Successful experience with web client technologies such as React, Angular, VueJS.
- (Bonus) Good experience with ElectronJS.
Preferred Key, Skills, and Abilities:
- Develop and implement scalable and performant solutions.
- Partner, as a peer, with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, and stakeholders throughout Aledade to develop and execute technical roadmaps using Agile processes
- Mentor and coach more junior engineers including thorough pull request reviews for other developers and be receptive to critical feedback on your own work
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.