Certified Medical Assistant
Denton, NC, USA
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Location: Denton Healthcare
Position: Certified Medical Assistant
Privately owned Primary care facility is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our family-oriented team. We are a busy PCP office with 3 Providers.
High levels of flexibility, energy, attention to detail, and problem-solving are required to be successful. You will build relationships with our wonderful patients and families.
As a Medical Assistant you will:
- Work one-on-one with patients and our health care Providers.
- Monitor the flow of onboarding patients and delivering routine medical care.
- Handle injections, CLIA- waived testing, rooming patients and much more.
- Be part of a committed team that serves its community.
- You’ll enjoy working a M-TH (8-5) schedule with 8-12 on Fridays.
- Prep patient Charts in EMR
- Escort patients to the exam room and verifies patient information during the intake process.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, taking blood pressure, weight, temperature, and reporting patient history summary.
- Assists providers during examination, performs tasks including and not limited to administering injection, removing sutures, performing lab services and other tasks as assigned.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidentiality by completing and safeguarding medical records, completing diagnostic coding, procedure coding and keeping patient information confidential.
- Responsible for assuming the responsibilities of assigned patient cases and inbox management.
- Checks voicemails and returns calls in a timely manner.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures while complying with legal regulations.
- Performs general office duties such as answering telephones, and front desk duties such as registration, insurance verification and scanning.
- Collects blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, logs the specimens and prepares them for testing.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock and replacing supplies in exam rooms daily.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments and exam rooms and disposes of contaminated supplies.
- Understanding and properly using equipment, devices, etc. in a Primary Care setting.
- Obtains proper prior authorizations for medications and procedures.
- Responsible for updating usernames and passwords for all applications.
- Maintains accurate timekeeping records for all hours worked, including time off requests
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification
- Proficient in reading, writing, grammar, and computer skills.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.