Senior Security Engineer II (Permanent Remote, US)
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 2, 2023
As a Senior Security Engineer II at Aledade, we play a central role in helping secure our enterprise, cloud native environments, and applications. We’re looking for security engineers that understand data and automation are important ingredients to our mission and know how to actively employ these ingredients at scale. Beyond the technical expertise, we value individuals who can partner cross-functionally across various teams, driving impactful outcomes and further securing our digital landscape.
At Aledade, you will sit at the intersection of:
A huge problem; amounting to trillions of dollars of waste in U.S. Healthcare spending.
An approach that moves the needle; In the U.S., we wait until someone has a stroke, then are hospitalized. From there, no expense is spared. Using technology, Aledade changes that by enabling doctors to intervene with the proper preventive care, like blood pressure control, before it becomes a stroke.
A platform that works at scale; last year 11,000 physicians across 36 states served ~1.7M patients, saving 24,000 unnecessary hospitalizations and 120,000 visits to the emergency room using Aledade’s technology.
But the journey is only 1% done, come join us to build a world-class team that will not quit till it addresses the trillions of dollars of suffering in U.S. healthcare spending.
- BS / BTech (or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or a related field, 8 years security domain experience without degree
- 6+ years of experience in software or security engineering within Cloud Native environments
- 4+ years of experience working with large datasets to identify opportunities for security posture improvements or to detect, investigate and respond to threats
- 4+ years of experience acting as a trusted advisor in a team setting, solving for short-term and long-term business value
- 4+ years of experience coaching other engineers or analysts
- Experience with health-tech systems, like Electronic Health Records, Clinical data, etc
- Posture Management / Incident Management
- Experience in Security Incident Response and Detection & Response Engineering
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience Cloud Native Software Development and of Zero Trust principles
- Experience influencing software engineers and business stakeholders to continuously improve the security posture of their products and operations
- Experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the capability to articulate complex security issues to a diverse audience
Domain Specific Experience
- Working cross functionally to design, build, and operate solutions that continuously improve and automate our security capabilities
- Leveraging data to understand trends, metrics, and opportunities to improve our security posture and then helping execute on those opportunities with stakeholders
- Leading and enhancing incident response efforts, spearheading analysis, containment, and mitigation strategies in a cross-functional environment to ensure effective resolution and remediation of security incidents
- Helping craft and refine security documentation pertinent to our Security Program, such as policies, standards, baselines, and standard operating procedures
- Mentoring and coaching more junior engineers or analysts
Who We Are:
Aledade, a public benefit corporation, exists to empower the most transformational part of our health care landscape - independent primary care. We were founded in 2014, and since then, we've become the largest network of independent primary care in the country - helping practices, health centers and clinics deliver better care to their patients and thrive in value-based care. Additionally, by creating value-based contracts across a wide variety of payers, we aim to flip the script on the traditional fee-for-service model. Our work strengthens continuity of care, aligns incentives, and ensures primary care physicians are paid for what they do best - keeping patients healthy. If you want to help create a health care system that is good for patients, good for practices and good for society - and if you're eager to join a collaborative, inclusive and remote-first culture - you've come to the right place.
What Does This Mean for You?
At Aledade, you will be part of a creative culture that is driven by a passion for tackling complex issues with respect, open-mindedness and a desire to learn. You will collaborate with team members who bring a wide range of experiences, interests, backgrounds, beliefs and achievements to their work - and who are all united by a shared passion for public health and a commitment to the Aledade mission.
In addition to time off to support work-life balance and enjoyment, we offer the following comprehensive benefits package designed for the overall well-being of our team members:
Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely are available for many roles
Health, dental and vision insurance paid up to 80% for employees, dependents, and domestic partners Robust time off plan 21 days of PTO in your first year 2 Paid Volunteer Days & 11 paid holidays
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for all new parents
6 weeks paid sabbatical after 6 years of service
Educational Assistant Program & Clinical Employee Reimbursement Program
401(K) with up to 4% match
And much more!
At Aledade, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them! We strive to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities where we live and work. Aledade is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions at Aledade are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.