Location: Premier Physicians Centers
Position: Nurse Practitioner
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for providing primary care services, including assessing and managing patients in the clinic following established standards and practices.
EDUCATION: BSN, MSN preferred. Successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years professional nursing experience in a clinic setting plus two years of nurse practitioner experience.
REQUIREMENTS: Current state RN license.
1. Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices and regulations to give and evaluate patient care.
2. Knowledge of how to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
3. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/ maintain a safe work environment.
1. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
2. Skill in taking medical histories to assess medical condition and interpret findings.
1. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
2. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
3. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
4. Ability to communicate clearly and establish/ maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Combination of exam rooms and medical offices. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 10 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stress in emergency situations and irregular hours.