Location: Medics Primary and Urgent Care PC
Position: Practice Office Manager
The Practice Office Manager is responsible for directing, supervising, and coordinating all staff and activities to provide quality, cost-effective care. The position provides leadership for Clinical and Front Office staff. Manager would conduct day-to-day business of practices including hiring, training and supervision of all staff, maintain appropriate environment for doctor's office, interact with vendors.
Description of Office Manager Duties:
- Responsible for ensuring that high quality patient care is given and that there is economical and efficient performance in managing the day-to-day operations of an outpatient primary care clinic.
- Monitors patient volumes and identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients.
- Maintains nursing operations and guidelines by initiating, coordinating, enforcing, and updating operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals, teaching and counseling patients, friends, and family, and reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications, and self-care skills.
- Uses multidisciplinary team strategies to provides information to patients and health care team.
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among healthcare teams by communicating information and responding to requests along with participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions and performing preventive maintenance as well as troubleshooting breakdowns and calling for repairs.
- Able to perform all nursing duties when needed such as preparing patients for the healthcare visit, arranging examine room instruments, supplies, and equipment, verifying patient information by interviewing patients and reviewing medical history, taking vital signs, and confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Able to supports patient care delivery by helping providers during examinations, preparing laboratory specimens and performing basic laboratory tests, administering medications, authorizing drug refills as directed, telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies, drawing blood, preparing patients for x-rays, taking EKGs, removing sutures, and changing dressings.
- Serves and protects the physician or healthcare provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures of governing agency requirements and The Joint Commission standards.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.