Location: Polyclinic Medical Center
Position: Front Desk Medical Receptionist
Front Desk - MUST be experienced in a MEDICAL office.
- Greet all patients and visitors courteously and ensure they are properly screened and directed.
- Answer all incoming calls and process accordingly.
- Schedule office appointments.
- Accurately enter required patient demographics into EHR
- Verify insurance benefits, co-pay and deductibles for upcoming office visits..
- Check patient’s accounts for delinquent balances prior to office visit and collect accordingly.
- Review and monitor daily office schedule.
- Explain the necessary paperwork to the patients, have them fill out and signed scan all information in the EHR system at the time of office visit.
- Schedule any follow-up visit during the checkout process.
- Balance cash, checks and credit cards.
- Follow company Policies and HIPAA standards and guidelines
- Complete referrals
- Perform other duties as assigned by physicians and manager.
- High school diploma or equivalency; Associates Degree, preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not mandatory
- 2 years of experience working in a customer service or an administrative assistant role
- Excellent interpersonal skills, friendly and compassionate disposition
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10 and CPT billing codes a plus
- Previous employment in a healthcare facility a plus
- Strong organizational skills, follow through and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent Computer (Microsoft Office Suite) and math skills
- Dedication to maintaining confidentiality
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.