True Care Medical Group is a busy, privately owned, Primary Care Practice located in Carney, Maryland. We are a quality-focused and population-health driven, independent office looking to grow with an open Back Office (Clinical) Medical Assistant position. We primarily serve patients 18 and older with a concentration in geriatrics and patients with chronic conditions. By providing comprehensive, accessible, whole-person primary care, we are guiding patients to a healthier life while reducing the cost to the healthcare system.
The three pillars upon which our practice is built are: Quality Patient Care, Professionalism and Accountability.
As an MA, you are a member of our practice’s medical team and will have an array of responsibilities that will allow us to continue to provide exceptional care to our patients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will provide and coordinate office based care including preparing patients for examination, perform routine diagnostic tests, screenings, gather patient history, and administer vaccinations.
- You will evaluate patients, provide nursing care, handle referrals, and execute skilled medical and pharmaceuticals prescribed by physicians.
- You will communicate and collaborate with the medical staff team to achieve common patient goals.
- You will maintain detailed administrative and medical records in our EMR system.
- You will prepare examination rooms and monitor supply levels.
- You will be a trustworthy partner for the patient and ensure that they are fully informed and capable of self care responsibilities outside of the practice.
- You will effectively and accurately communicate messages between patients and providers (verbal, web-based, telephone, etc.)
- You will perform other medical and administrative duties as assigned effectively and efficiently.
- You have experience documenting clinical data in an electronic health record system (EHR).
- You have the ability to take manual blood pressures, complete medication reconciliation, take accurate medical history of patients, and perform EKGs.
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You are a graduate from an accredited Certified Medical Assistant program.
- You have medical experience of at least 1 year.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are capable of working in a fast paced environment and have exceptional skills with decision making, multitasking, and prioritization.
- You have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information, familiar with windows-style applications and various software packages specific to role.
- You are a team player wanting to improve the health and wellbeing of all patients!
Physical and Environmental Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds when necessary.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
The Back Office MA works in a patient care area; works in an area where patients enter; works directly with patients; and/or works with specimens that could contain diseases.
True Care Medical Group offers extensive benefits such as Paid Time Off, health benefits to include medical, vision and dental, and participation in a 401k plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
If you’re interested in making a difference as a member of our team, apply today!
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.