We are seeking a Medical Assistant to join our Primary Care Practice. Candidates should be comfortable with preparing charts, maintaining health records, obtaining clinical data from patients/ historians, informing patients of normal lab and test results, prescription refills, scheduling appointments/ outreach and taking phone calls.
Daily activities may include but are not limited to triaging patients, collecting test samples, maintaining patient records, following up with patients, preparing exam rooms, ordering laboratory tests, giving injections/ immunizations, explaining common medical procedures to patients and assisting in basic examinations. Utilize Accountable Care Organization (ACO) tools to assist patients in accessing high value healthcare.
- Medical Assistant Experience
- In-depth knowledge of Medical Terminology & Pharmacology
- High level of professionalism & teamwork skills
- Strong customer service skills & bed-side-manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Administrative, EMR & computer skills
Progressive Health of Delaware is currently seeking Medical Assistants.
These positions will be cross-trained to work both front and back office.
Requirements: Must be vaccinated and mask worn at all times.
• Welcome patients by greeting them in person or on the telephone
• Verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, confirming purpose of visit
• Prepare patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room
• Perform preliminary physical tests; take blood pressure, weight and temperature; report patient history summary, vaccinations, EKG
• Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential
• Counsel patients by transmitting physician's orders and questions about surgery
• Educate patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions
• Maintain safe, secure and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
• Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt
• Must work night rotation (2 days of the week)
Medical assistant top skills:
• Customer Service
• Inventory Management
• Written and Verbal Communication
• Clinical Skills
• Documentation Skills
• Customer Focus
Job Type: Full-Time