TITLE: Director of Clinical Services
SUPERVISION: Chief Medical Officer
The Director of Clinical Services will supervise and provide guidance to the licensed Triage Nurses, CMAs, Front Desk/Schedulers, Care Coordinators and Quality and Risk Coordinator in accordance with current state and federal regulations.
Team Philosophy Statement:
The Henrietta Johnson Medical Center provides affordable access to integrated and coordinated family practice, women’s health, dental and behavioral health care services to the entire family under one roof. We operate with a team of caring, competent, and productive providers and staff who focus on quality, compassionate, and coordinated care in order to provide outstanding service to patients and families. Our staff place a high value on teamwork. They must accept changing duties, be multi-skilled, and perform a variety of tasks in the care of our patients. Each member of the team is dedicated to continuous learning, and contributes toward our goal of providing outstanding health care services to our patients.
The incumbent must have a current Registered Nurse license or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a minimum of 3 years of clinical nursing experience, strong professional knowledge and comprehensive clinical assessment skills in the adult population, chronic disease management, and the ability to interact with physicians and other health care professionals.
As a salaried position, the Director of Clinical Services is expected to work 40 hours minimal in a workweek, may include evenings and some Saturday hours, as needed.
1. Serves as the administrative authority for the smooth function of the clinical care unit. Notifies the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Medical Officer and Chief Financial Officer of urgent concerns and operations.
2. Supervises and provides direction to the Site Nurse, Care Coordinator and the Quality and Risk Coordinator.
3. Oversees and maintains compliance for Clinical UDS, Title X, Aledade ACO, Quality Insight Initiatives, Re-establishing PCMH Recognition, gaps in care and all clinical programs such as VFC, 317, etc.
4. Receives and documents employee, resident and family grievances with concern and empathy.
5. Assists in survey compliance on a daily basis, quality assurance, attends program meetings and handles staff development duties as assigned. Notifies senior leadership team of identified learning needs.
6. Supervises staff and provides guidance and support to better plan work flow.
7. Provides direct patient and general nursing care in accordance with state, federal and other regulations as needed.
8. Documents and communicates effectively with nursing staff, patient and family members as for the best patient care as reflected in the plan of care.
9. Works collaboratively to oversee the performance of all members of the health care team in coordinating patient care across all departments.
10. Respects patient confidentiality and privacy and communicates with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
11. Counsels personnel as needed or required and completes appropriate documentation to be communicated with the senior leadership team.
12. Maintains proficiency with computer scheduling system. Assists with scheduling as assigned.
13. Works with the staffing schedule and Site nurse to ensure that vacancies are filled in advance.
14. 340 B in-house pharmacy services.
15. Supervise and provide guidance for provider and staff training.
16. Community engagement, attend meetings connected to our programs. (i.e. Title X, PNN, etc.)
1. Participate in the identification of high risk/high acuity patients.
2. Identify and follow-up on hospital and emergency department admissions and discharges
3. Oversee care transitions(hospital to home/hospital to rehabilitation center/nursing facility) and coordinate follow-up with patient
4. Initiate the patient’s medication reconciliation
5. Oversee patients’ linkages to community resources and social support
6. Closely coordinate and facilitate patient care with primary care providers, behavioral health specialist and sub specialists
7. Acts as a patient advocate while protecting privacy and confidentiality
8. Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of community resources, payer requirements and network services for target population
9. Promotes patient independence by establishing patient care goals, teaching and counseling the patient, their friends and family and reinforcing their understanding of disease, medications and. self-care skills.
10. Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport and participating in team problem-solving methods.
As necessary, to keep abreast of and have a thorough understanding of current rules and regulations with regard to providing medical care assistance in a community health center.
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Provider Satisfaction
2. Patient Satisfaction
3. Patient Census
4. Adherence to the HJMC attendance policy. Late arrival, early departure, missed clock-
ins or clock-outs, including for lunch and breaks may have a negative impact on your
5. Timely completion of assigned tasks.
The individual will have access to the patient records. Professionalism and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.